• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Here are some 2021 AR250 pics

Nice. Without the mats in, that bow photo somehow made me think about beefing up the door, plumbing ballast pumps to fill that whole area and addIng jets and a heater for an on-the-lake hot tub experience! Probably too far forward for a valid surf mod ?
Wow! If you could make that happen, wouldn't that be awesome lol

A friend of mine just got his AR210 in yesterday. There seem to be a lot of minor imperfections throughout. Window stick-on seals poorly installed, broken/disconnect components inside storage compartments, warped/off-center bumper strip holder in the back...Pretty frustrating for a brand new boat. Luckily, the boat is SO pretty and runs well. Just hope these minor defects aren't indicative of larger problems later on. I'm still waiting on my 212XE.

I am glad my boat was made before covid part shortage debacle. I feel for the yamaha assembly workers, I am in manufacturing and been dealing with part shortages myself. It is a absolute nightmare to try to mantain quality when you are installing parts/assembly out of there specific station. It really comes down to pride of workmanship at that point.

A friend of mine just got his AR210 in yesterday. There seem to be a lot of minor imperfections throughout. Window stick-on seals poorly installed, broken/disconnect components inside storage compartments, warped/off-center bumper strip holder in the back...Pretty frustrating for a brand new boat. Luckily, the boat is SO pretty and runs well. Just hope these minor defects aren't indicative of larger problems later on. I'm still waiting on my 212XE.
We just did a walk around on ours with the manager and pointed out some of the imperfections and they’re going to get those fixed before we pick up but you’re right, hopefully this is not indicative of issues down the road.

Thanks so much for the pics. How do you feel about how the rear seat back are attached? My biggest worry is that the non movable seats look stuck on and flimsy.
How about the cut out unsupported glass? Do you think that might be a fragile area and the glass could break if someone leaned against it?
I checked out the glass today at least the part I think you’re referring to and it seems pretty stable. I think it would take more than just leaning on to break it. The seats themselves seem really solid.

The “daggers” there are very curious. The SE and SD have it too, but not the S (looking Yamaha website).

Still great looking boat. Congrats!
Huh...you're right. I did not notice that -- I wonder why that detail would be different???

Nice boat! Thanks for all the pics. Pretty boat.

I think the tower spike would be my biggest concern, really. I wonder if there is not something (a rolled up towel or piece of foam rubber or something) you could strap in there to make that much less of a 'gotcha' point.

When I was in my 20's I wouldn't have given the tower "gotcha point" a second thought. Now in my late 40's I am all worried about hurting myself or someone else. Man have I changed, that being said in 20's that would have been my dad's boat?

Despite how it looks in photos, in person that section of tower is not sharp at all and doesn't seem like it can actually pinch anything in there. The "angular look" from the side is supposedly a design feature, according to the Yamaha rep I was talking to last week.

I didn't realize it until just now, but it does indeed look like the S has a different tower. Blowing up some of the lifestyle images, it appears the S tower uses the older spinning knob to release the tower and put it down. The new towers with the more pointed end use a quick release style latch to put the tower down.

Despite how it looks in photos, in person that section of tower is not sharp at all and doesn't seem like it can actually pinch anything in there. The "angular look" from the side is supposedly a design feature, according to the Yamaha rep I was talking to last week.

I didn't realize it until just now, but it does indeed look like the S has a different tower. Blowing up some of the lifestyle images, it appears the S tower uses the older spinning knob to release the tower and put it down. The new towers with the more pointed end use a quick release style latch to put the tower down.

Update: looking at more pics I see that apparently the AR has the spin knobs like the S. So that means there are 3 different versions of the tower, which seems unnecessarily complicated.
1) pointy end, spin knobs (AR250)
2) blunt end, spin knobs (252S)
3) pointy end, quick release latches (252SE, 252SD)

Update: looking at more pics I see that apparently the AR has the spin knobs like the S. So that means there are 3 different versions of the tower, which seems unnecessarily complicated.
1) pointy end, spin knobs (AR250)
2) blunt end, spin knobs (252S)
3) pointy end, quick release latches (252SE, 252SD)
@tkeru408 .....a friend asked his dealer the same question. The reply was with C19 supply lines we are lucky to be getting boats at all, they have used what they had available to make shipping requests therefore the same models may have slightly different equipment which the dealer reminded my friend was stated in the manufacturer's brochures and online catalogues "fine print". :cool:

In case it's helpful at all...here's the tower on the 2021 AR210.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 89
Can you get us a picture with the tower folded. Thanks.

No more simulated teak seadeck, and the tower definitely looks very odd.
While its a nice looking boat, i am not liking the lack of frills like the 252s has
I was thinking the same. Just doesn’t wow me like the 15-20 models did,but still a nice boat. I wonder if the ride is any different with the hull change

@tkeru408 .....a friend asked his dealer the same question. The reply was with C19 supply lines we are lucky to be getting boats at all, they have used what they had available to make shipping requests therefore the same models may have slightly different equipment which the dealer reminded my friend was stated in the manufacturer's brochures and online catalogues "fine print". :cool:
This is exactly why i decided not to upgrade my 2019 AR 240 to a 2021 AR 250...seems like a rush to get boats out of the factory ...one loose hose clamp way out of reach can ruin your day..ill wait another year

Last edited:
@haolegirl70 ,,is there a filler cushion, backrest and seat cushion , to fill in the walk through area from rear seats to the swim platform

@haolegirl70 ,,,you are our only hope for people in the market for a AR 250, you are the only person to post real pics of this Unicorn , please dont disappoint us....lol ..We arent falling for the excuse you are out enjoying your boat either ...give us your thoughts of the fit and finish of the boat and id love to see a pic of the bimini top open because it looks like the tower is wider and im wondering if the top is bigger than previous years

Congrats on new boat!! I imagine your head is swimming with all the comments, questions from people who have boats and are familiar with them.

You'll be an "expert in no time as well" providing answers to questions.

Interestingly, I just wrote up a comment on Monday about Yamaha's Quality or the lack of it recently and here we have a brand new, top to bottom redesign and there are already issues with quality, substituted parts, small scuffs, etc. I would be concerned that Yamaha is using "whatever parts they can find to bolt these together" due to Covid supply issues.
Will be a real mess in a year or two when you go to get parts and nothing fits, or works, as they had substituted available parts to build the boats.

If Yamaha does not have the correct parts, they should stop building boats until they do.

I think I would give it a year or two when all the bugs are worked out.

Back