• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Here are some 2021 AR250 pics

@Mike Clark , you nailed it and ive posted this before , i had actually listed my 2019 AR 240 for sale a few weeks ago and worked out a pretty good deal below msrp on a 2021 AR 250 , but after talking to the dealer ( who i consider a friend) he said they were scrambling to get boats shipped and waiting for parts ...No Thank You ...ill wait a year or two

So here we are , its almost October and still not 1 picture of a AR 250 in the water , or a pic with the bimini open , no new owner reviews of likes or dislikes....what is going on ,,,oh i forgot , its still 2020 , the most bizarre year ive ever witnessed

So here we are , its almost October and still not 1 picture of a AR 250 in the water , or a pic with the bimini open , no new owner reviews of likes or dislikes....what is going on ,,,oh i forgot , its still 2020 , the most bizarre year ive ever witnessed
There is one on another thread with a picture of a black ar250 with Bimini open

I saw the 255xd at the Yamaha dealership here in nj, it was really nice. We were waiting for that show to see the xd to base whether we were going to buy the ar250. We honestly like and ordered the black and green model. Plus seeing the photos at the beginning of the link makes me really happy we went for this model.

Dislike with the solid color hull too. Needs something to break up the monotone, but not the stickers they are using.
Exactly, there should be a choice of wraps or decals you can choose from the factory..i spring order snowmobiles all the time by ski doo..you have a few selection of colors , you can choose an engine , track , different skis ..You leave a deposit in the spring, the sled is built the way you want it and shipped to your dealer in the fall...i cant comprehend why yamaha wouldnt do this with boats , you can order a AR with a SVHO engine if you wanted too...time for yamaha to get with the times,,,,oh yeah and maybe glue down the cup holders too...

Dislike with the solid color hull too. Needs something to break up the monotone, but not the stickers they are using.

Haha well that’s the best i can do....don’t know how to use photoshop, i was just able to cover the graphics.

Regardless i cannot stand green......anything but green

@Jeel Why would they when they don't have to. Their boats always sell strong and it simplifies their manufacturing process. If there comes a day when they are not, is perhaps the time for them to visit customization. Don't get me wrong, I am with you, I would love to order and customize a Yamaha boat.

Exactly, there should be a choice of wraps or decals you can choose from the factory..i spring order snowmobiles all the time by ski doo..you have a few selection of colors , you can choose an engine , track , different skis ..You leave a deposit in the spring, the sled is built the way you want it and shipped to your dealer in the fall...i cant comprehend why yamaha wouldnt do this with boats , you can order a AR with a SVHO engine if you wanted too...time for yamaha to get with the times,,,,oh yeah and maybe glue down the cup holders too...

It's cheaper and more efficient to do it the way they do it. I don't mind it either, even if I dislike. There are no options, just select your model and that's it. I would expect more manufacturers to follow this trend. Tesla isn't much different.

@Jeel Why would they when they don't have to. Their boats always sell strong and it simplifies their manufacturing process. If there comes a day when they are not, is perhaps the time for them to visit customization. Don't get me wrong, I am with you, I would love to order and customize a Yamaha boat.
Maybe its wishful thinking on my part, but BRP (ski doo) has been doing it for years. I would imagine their sales would skyrocket if they actually got with the times ..its really not that difficult just requires some pre planning and arranging the different parts along the assembly line , but then again we are dealing with a company that hasnt mastered the glueing down of cup holders....lol

Maybe its wishful thinking on my part, but BRP (ski doo) has been doing it for years. I would imagine their sales would skyrocket if they actually got with the times ..its really not that difficult just requires some pre planning and arranging the different parts along the assembly line , but then again we are dealing with a company that hasnt mastered the glueing down of cup holders....lol

They can't even keep up with demand as it is now. I doubt increasing sales is a priority. I would imagine in a normal year their goal is to increase margins, not revenue.

They can't even keep up with demand as it is now. I doubt increasing sales is a priority. I would imagine in a normal year their goal is to increase margins, not revenue.
They cant keep up with demand because they shut down for covid , every prior year there has been leftover units to buy ...i bought my 2019 in August of 2019 just before the 2020s were released..i bought a 2006 in August of 2007 ...no large company would ever say they arent interested in increasing their sales...

They cant keep up with demand because they shut down for covid , every prior year there has been leftover units to buy ...i bought my 2019 in August of 2019 just before the 2020s were released..i bought a 2006 in August of 2007 ...no large company would ever say they arent interested in increasing their sales...

Its obvious people forget that these aren't "normal times" and that just because there's a limited supply right now doesn't mean it has always been like this. You are absolutely correct in that if they offered something extra to make them better looking that they would sell more...this is why wrap companies exist and make so much money today. This whole "pay up now or you wont have a boat at all next year" is craziness. My local dealer...sitting on the same 212S he's had for over 2 months and also has an AR195, AR190, and a 195S that's been there for several weeks. Remind me again why I need to pay over sticker for those. I've actually pulled my deposit since seeing more up close pics of the AR250 because of how underwhelming it is but I had already picked out a wrap that I was going to purchase so that I could remove the graphics from the factory. The more I thought about everything I would need to do to it to make it fit my standards the more I leaned towards not buying it. The 2020 AR240 was a very good looking boat in my opinion but they went backwards in overall style in 2021

Its obvious people forget that these aren't "normal times" and that just because there's a limited supply right now doesn't mean it has always been like this. You are absolutely correct in that if they offered something extra to make them better looking that they would sell more...this is why wrap companies exist and make so much money today. This whole "pay up now or you wont have a boat at all next year" is craziness. My local dealer...sitting on the same 212S he's had for over 2 months and also has an AR195, AR190, and a 195S that's been there for several weeks. Remind me again why I need to pay over sticker for those. I've actually pulled my deposit since seeing more up close pics of the AR250 because of how underwhelming it is but I had already picked out a wrap that I was going to purchase so that I could remove the graphics from the factory. The more I thought about everything I would need to do to it to make it fit my standards the more I leaned towards not buying it. The 2020 AR240 was a very good looking boat in my opinion but they went backwards in overall style in 2021

I Sooooooo Agree with this. The AR240 looks nicer to me than the AR250. They look to be pulling cost out of the designs but while doing so it is cheapening it. If they didn't change the 24' boats I would have ordered one months ago.

I Sooooooo Agree with this. The AR240 looks nicer to me than the AR250. They look to be pulling cost out of the designs but while doing so it is cheapening it. If they didn't change the 24' boats I would have ordered one months ago.

Seeing a blue AR240 on the water earlier this year is what got me interested in looking at buying a boat to begin with. Looked around a little but heard next year would be a bigger boat so I waited only to see the styling that got my interest disappeared. Give me the option for the graphics on the wake series boats without having to actually get a wake series. For what I will use the boat for...I prefer the storage over the ballast boxes they are using now.

Back