• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Here we go again

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Get ready. Flash flood watches have just been issued. Tropical inflow could produce up to 8 inches by Thursday!image.jpgimage.jpg

Been watching the news....we can't take anymore of this!

2015-06-05 10.10.23 HDR.jpg
The brown patches you see on the water are roof tops to the cover picnic tables.
2015-06-05 10.08.40 HDR.jpg

Is that Cottonwood Marina? We ate at Captain Jack's Sunday. FYI, there is a Groupon out there right now for Captain Jack's. I believe it's a $40 for $20 groupon.

The Red River was flowing wildly today again when I flew over. We got pouring rain last two nights, and this afternoon, thunderstorm overhead right now. All of the area lakes spilling over. That coupled with seeing the North folk and their lake pictures when I can't get out there?!? Its almost too much too bear!!!

I guess we deserve it after all of those mean pictures we show the Northerners in October and November...

Jesus, @BigN8 , @txav8r , if this weather crap keeps up, it's getting perilously close to the time for you and the other Texas members to trade the Yamaha for a bloody ARK!
Stay safe - and dry, if at all possible!

@jawsf16 , the forecast the next few days has the TRWs right on top of SPS. You guys hang in there!

Too bad that rain isn't in California, aren't several of the lakes out west way below normal pool?

@BigN8 Hidden Cove Marina. Thanks for the tip. What did you think of Captain Jacks?

Yow. Was down in Houston the week of the 1st for some training. I was concerned about the flooding but it appeared to have been settling down when we were there. Looks like I dodged between the raindrops.

You guys stay safe down there.

north Houston here Its raining!! lol

South Houston (Galleria area) and there is absolutely nothing going on, but all of my customers cancelled their meetings so I'm sitting in my hotel with nothing to do.

@BigN8 Hidden Cove Marina. Thanks for the tip. What did you think of Captain Jacks?
It's better than Sneaky Pete's in my opinion, and the service is way better than WET. So far we have been happy. A little on the pricey side in my opinion $12 for a cheeseburger and small frys, but hey.......They kind of have a captured audience. The pickle fries are awesome and so are the jalapeno cheese sticks. I like the patio and the open design (except when it is raining sideways). We had to pick up the picnic table we were sitting at and move it more central to the patio.

I would say it is out go to spot at the moment. Usually we are there for Sunday lunch for sure.

Personally, so far I am disappointed (knock on wood). At least I would have liked to have seen a flooded DITCH or something so far. After all the to-do closing roads and schools and work... Nuthin. Rain, yes. But I saw nothing on the road to downtown and back, nuthing under the lowest underpasses. Nuthin.

Now, I don't want anyone's house to flood or anything. And our lake level is just fine. But how about one underpass on Allen Parkway or something? Just for our trouble? <sigh>

Ok, I will go back to my wine now.

Lol. It's coming down a lot harder now in the galleria area. The hotel pool hasn't started overflowing yet, though. But the wind is sure blowing.

You're here? And you didn't write? Didn't call? Nothing?

I hate these tourists who just come in for the Tropical Storms and don't even observe the local courtesies to say, "Hi."

Well, stay safe down there. Still as still as a, um, really still thing up here.

...and THAT boys and girls is why the sites with the ladies who don't have any clothes are so popular. :p:p:p

lol! While I have not personally indulged, it does explain why the internet is ALWAYS dog slow at every hotel I have been to (hundreds).

You're here? And you didn't write? Didn't call? Nothing?

I hate these tourists who just come in for the Tropical Storms and don't even observe the local courtesies to say, "Hi."

Well, stay safe down there. Still as still as a, um, really still thing up here.

My bad :-).

"Hi."! :). I am in Houston about 1-2 times a month, usually for 2 or 3 days. This time, I flew down before the storm really started and my sales lady told me "well, it could be nothing". Turns out that it was pretty much not a big deal (unless your house is on stilts, in which case, your garage got a salt water cleaning), but all of my customers canceled their meetings on me. Just got back from the hotel bar and there were 8 others with the same story. Next time I'm down here, maybe I should bring my wakeboard and jacket! :-).

Latest projections have Texoma hitting another new high early next week. Current inflow is over 250kCFS! That's nuts. The Red River is touching the I-35 bridge currently...

Back