• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

High Quality Yamaha Boat

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Finally got some time to sort some things out my 195. One major item was one of the engine hatches came completely un-done. I figured the screws where lost forever so I just ordered the replacements. Well the screws where still in the area where the hatch bolts, only they weren't the right ones. Whoever worked on this boat I guess couldn't find the right screws. He just used some longer ones and a crap ton of washers. 3 out of the 4 screws had come completely un-done. Opened the compartment to see a ton of washers laying in there. :rolleyes: This is a pre-covid boat.

tempImagegKzoCy.pngtempImageBtT84r.pngtempImagewGMG7y.pngtempImageaGvvdx.png

Fortunately these look like bolts, not screws, which is good. Yamaha technicians put a lot of screws in these boats, and a lot of them fall off...
Bolts look good.

Finally got some time to sort some things out my 195. One major item was one of the engine hatches came completely un-done. I figured the screws where lost forever so I just ordered the replacements. Well the screws where still in the area where the hatch bolts, only they weren't the right ones. Whoever worked on this boat I guess couldn't find the right screws. He just used some longer ones and a crap ton of washers. 3 out of the 4 screws had come completely un-done. Opened the compartment to see a ton of washers laying in there. :rolleyes: This is a pre-covid boat.

View attachment 175196View attachment 175197View attachment 175198View attachment 175199

My guess is it was not designed like that. :banghead: Hard to believe that some dipshit on the line would freelance all those washers. But I am not surprised anymore. Source the right hardware or hire a guy on a chop saw to cut the ss bolts to length. And this was all pre lack of supply chain issues.

My guess is it was not designed like that. :banghead: Hard to believe that some dipshit on the line would freelance all those washers. But I am not surprised anymore. Source the right hardware or hire a guy on a chop saw to cut the ss bolts to length. And this was all pre lack of supply chain issues.

the one picture is the correct bolt next to what was there. Prob over a .5” too long lol

Back