• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

High speed carb adjustment

mahlzeit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Guys, hope you don't feel like I'm spamming this board, but there are so many questions...

This one is about the carburetor high speed screws. I sprang for the original service manual, which was a good investment. But if I interpret the picture correctly, the high speed screws are on the "inside" of the carb rack? Meaning the side facing the cylinders? If so, I guess there is no way of adjusting the screws without taking out the whole carb rack?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You should be able to reach them with a long screwdriver once you find them ;)

If you are adjusting the high end by reading the plugs color make sure you do a high speed run and shut the engines while at full throttle and then set your anchor. Otherwise if you idle in to the dock or mooring you won’t get an accurate read.

mahlzeit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
You should be able to reach them with a long screwdriver once you find them ;)

If you are adjusting the high end by reading the plugs color make sure you do a high speed run and shut the engines while at full throttle and then set your anchor. Otherwise if you idle in to the dock or mooring you won’t get an accurate read.
Cutting off the engines while going full speed? Will I not somersault over the bow if I do that?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Cutting off the engines while going full speed? Will I not somersault over the bow if I do that?
I haven’t yet! I suppose you could pull the throttles back for a moment or two. But the longer you do the lass accurate the plug color will be.

dabomb6608

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I've not been active lately so havent read your other threads. But I'll mention this. If you are factory setup you need to run factory settings. If running aftermarket flame arrestors then look up Oside Bill carb recipe for GP1200s (Not the GP1200R powervalve version). If you are having to adjust low or high speed well beyond factory settings on a factory motor then something is wrong.