• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

HOA having issues with me cleaning my boat..ARRRRR

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just ball the letters up and throw them in the trash.

I have a rock crawling Jeep that gets trailered and we go on 1000 mile trips to different destinations. So, I go pick up my trailer about a week in advance of a trip to go through the brakes, tires, etc.... The times that I just leave the trailer hooked to my truck all week on the curb I never get a letter. Its when i leave the trailer on the curb uncoupled that I get a letter.

In any case, the letter never arrives until about a week after the trailer is back at storage, so I just toss it.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
An HOA/POA has very little teeth in their documents. The biggest problem is that the leadership changes, so that means interpretation changes. The reason people get on the board, is to push their own agenda. Those that are asked to serve, is because they are level headed or perceived as a stay the course type of personality. I served as treasurer and president in two separate terms. I will never serve again and I won't fight them, I will just do what it takes to get what I want.

It sounds to me like the person you talked to is giving opinion, not fact. Just hold the letter up to them and stand your ground. I would laminate that letter! Bring the boat home and if they ever try to site you, present the letter. Always call just as the letter requested. Always tell them you are loading/unloading...even if it is there for hours. Just say it takes that long to "unload". If they catch you working/cleaning, just be vague and avoid committing to anything outside of loading/unloading. Show that letter! Someone wrote the letter, and it sounds like the deed restrictions and covenants have leeway. Don't let the control freaks run your business, but live within the covenants and use them to your advantage.

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
HOA's SUCK. To be honest though, I never has an issue with them as far as the boat goes. I can leave it there in my driveway over night to charge the batteries or clean it. I AM looking to move out of state to a big piece of property so I can build a barn or garage for my boat! $117.00 a month for covered storage is getting old!

-klb-

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you in a gated community?

If not, in Texas they have zero authority about what you park in the street. On street, you only are accountable for any city laws about on street boat parking.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you in a gated community?

If not, in Texas they have zero authority about what you park in the street. On street, you only are accountable for any city laws about on street boat parking.
I'm not in a gated community. That's interesting to know that they have no authority over the streets.
Thanks for the info

-klb-

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will clarify that even though they have no authority on the street, they may still think they do, and may try to fine you. But our HOA (a bit west of you) has repeatedly been requested by $@@*+^ members to restrict even having cars parked on the street. And the management company attorneys have repeatedly indicated that the HOA has no ability to apply covenants on publicly owned right of ways.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like you need to run for a position on the HOA board !!! First item of business.....amendment to change driveway parking policy.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got good news this morning: I decided to email the President of the HOA stating what happened in the most polite way possible. She called back at 10am this morning to clarify that we do in fact have 48hours to work on our RV/Boats. I guess someone didn't know what she was talking about yesterday.
Well, that's done with and back to modding. :)
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's why I live on 2 acres out in the country, we do have a small HOA, but we can do whatever we like on our property.
Ditto. I used to live up near @Cory and @Kevin. Nice neighborhoods. I got fed up with the HOA when I got a letter because one week in 100-degree August I mowed the lawn but didn't do the edging 'cause it was so freakin' hot I just skipped it one weekend. A few days later I got a letter from the HOA about being required to maintain the lawn - "including edging" :mad:

I recently moved to 1.5 acres out in the country and love it. We have an HOA but all they do is maintain the front gate. Ironically I wish they did a little more as some people don't take care of their property at all. HOA's are like Labor Unions. There is a good reason for them to exist, but if they get too big the power gets out of control.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Got good news this morning: I decided to email the President of the HOA stating what happened in the most polite way possible. She called back at 10am this morning to clarify that we do in fact have 48hours to work on our RV/Boats. I guess someone didn't know what she was talking about yesterday.
Well, that's done with and back to modding. :)
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.
Glad you got it worked out that quickly and easily, NOW GET TO MODDING!!! And post some PICS!!!

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ditto. I used to live up near @Cory and @Kevin. Nice neighborhoods. I got fed up with the HOA when I got a letter because one week in 100-degree August I mowed the lawn but didn't do the edging 'cause it was so freakin' hot I just skipped it one weekend. A few days later I got a letter from the HOA about being required to maintain the lawn - "including edging" :mad:

I recently moved to 1.5 acres out in the country and love it. We have an HOA but all they do is maintain the front gate. Ironically I wish they did a little more as some people don't take care of their property at all. HOA's are like Labor Unions. There is a good reason for them to exist, but if they get too big the power gets out of control.
HOA is great at keeping the neighborhood clean and to hold it's value. The concept is great, but just like many other things. When people in power gets too power hungry or lack of common sense, we have problems. The best recent example would be the 2 people I talked to regarding the issue. If the 1st lady I talked to was the one in charge, this would escalate into something worst. But luckily, the person in charge is more reasonable and the problem is solved. HOA in general is not a bad thing, it really depends on who runs the show.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad you got it worked out that quickly and easily, NOW GET TO MODDING!!! And post some PICS!!!
My mods are not worth showing off. It's the basic boat buckle, battery charger, keelshield, ect..... I might show off my grill mod when it's done. :)

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
My mods are not worth showing off. It's the basic boat buckle, battery charger, keelshield, ect..... I might show off my grill mod when it's done. :)
REALLY ???? We are all boat junkies!!!! Of course they are worth pics.. Hell we like looking at pics of warning stickers being removed..LOL!! :cool:

Stacey in SC

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
HOA makes me want to acquire an AK and head out to Minnesota somewhere to join freedom fighters. They get me going so badly that one of my neighbors pranked me and taped a typed note to my garbage can to see how ticked off they could make me. You could see the steam for miles. :)
I agree that it sounds like you have your letter and the 48 hours. I'd be tempted to get a lawyer involved if they left you another letter, but I know you have to live there. :) I'd definitely request a board meeting. Agreed that it is absurd that we can't have nice looking boats in a driveway for 24 hours but unsightly yards, etc., don't get noted. These people need to get a life.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
HOA makes me want to acquire an AK and head out to Minnesota somewhere to join freedom fighters. They get me going so badly that one of my neighbors pranked me and taped a typed note to my garbage can to see how ticked off they could make me. You could see the steam for miles. :)
I agree that it sounds like you have your letter and the 48 hours. I'd be tempted to get a lawyer involved if they left you another letter, but I know you have to live there. :) I'd definitely request a board meeting. Agreed that it is absurd that we can't have nice looking boats in a driveway for 24 hours but unsightly yards, etc., don't get noted. These people need to get a life.
I really want to meet the person that drives around all day taking pictures. Nothing bad, just wanted to see what she/he is like as a person. And maybe camp in front of her/his house with my camera. LOL

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
HOA's SUCK. To be honest though, I never has an issue with them as far as the boat goes. I can leave it there in my driveway over night to charge the batteries or clean it. I AM looking to move out of state to a big piece of property so I can build a barn or garage for my boat! $117.00 a month for covered storage is getting old!
You got THAT right! I have nothing good to say about any HOA, so I won't say anything.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have rules but rules are to be broken so I do.when it comes to my boat my house my land the HOA can kiss my ass

-klb-

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A friend of mine lives just across the street from the HOA I am in. One of the neighbors on the HOA side has actually asked him to keep his house and yard up to HOA standards. He always keeps it up way better than the house on the other side, and most of the rest of the street outside the HOA. In fact, on average, the landscape is probably better cared for than mine. It would seem that some people place way to much value on conformity.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Freedom fighters in Minnesota?

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Kevin107 I thought for sure they would have come after you for blocking the sidewalk.