• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hoover Press n Snap tool

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Need to do some button repair on the boat, this is, from what I've read the right tool for the job. This puppy is around $90.00. That price isnt crazy I guess, but I only need it for a day. Wondering if anyone out there has one they would lend? Obviously, I'd pay shipping both ways. Thought it was worth a shot before I ordered.

Attachments

• 109011_1_zoom.jpg
    109011_1_zoom.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 12
I know you said button repair, but is that for riveted snaps? When I needed to fix snaps we found a set at Joanns fabrics for about $12 and you used a hammer and their dye set to set the rivet. I may be missing understanding, but wanted to throw that out there.

Yeah, I'm reparing some carpet snaps. Supposedly you need this heavy duty tool to pierce and get a good connection

When I repaired my carpet snaps, I used the little $12 kit. You just have to poke a hole with a scissors first (or some other similar implement). Be careful not to get your hands or to make the hole too big. You really just need a dot. Then put in the new snap and use the adapter in the kit with a hammer on a piece of wood (I didn't want to hammer on my glass...).

Held fine until the day I took it out and put in the SeaDek.

Edited to add: Not sure if this is the exact one I have, but something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Invincible-Ma...910483&sr=8-3&keywords=marine+snap+repair+kit

Last edited:
When I repaired my carpet snaps, I used the little $12 kit. You just have to poke a hole with a scissors first (or some other similar implement). Be careful not to get your hands or to make the hole too big. You really just need a dot. Then put in the new snap and use the adapter in the kit with a hammer on a piece of wood (I didn't want to hammer on my glass...).

Held fine until the day I took it out and put in the SeaDek.

Edited to add: Not sure if this is the exact one I have, but something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Invincible-Ma...910483&sr=8-3&keywords=marine+snap+repair+kit
This will do well for your application @Trevor Shipman

Back