• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How are you carrying SUP?

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought 2 inflatable stand up paddleboards. 1x Bote Wulf, and 1x Hyperlite Elevation (from costco) I'm thinking how I will use them and transport them. I'm waiting on an electric pump and I read online that the electric pumps take up to 10 min and they start to overheat on the 2nd board. I'm thinking to inflate 1 on land and another on the water.

I found a great location and I feel that I'd be comfortable driving like this. It definitely looks funny so the police maybe won't like it.
I'm also thinking that I could put them on the swim platform with a ratchet strap between the cleats.
How is everyone else doing it?

IMG_6153.jpgIMG_6154.jpgIMG_6155.jpg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Deflated my friend. Deflated for sure. The costco one, goes in it's bag and inside the starboard bow storage.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Oh, and to the other point, yes the pumps take a while. I put the ryobi dual function inflator to the test last weekend, with a 4 ah battery. It took a good 7-10 minutes to get from 1 to 12 PSI. I don't know if it would die if I tried to do a second one.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Oh, and to the other point, yes the pumps take a while. I put the ryobi dual function inflator to the test last weekend, with a 4 ah battery. It took a good 7-10 minutes to get from 1 to 12 PSI. I don't know if it would die if I tried to do a second one.
Hm, if the included pump with the costco board overheats, maybe I can just pick up that ryobi pump and do both at the same time.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Rolled up... the trick to quick inflation is to fill it with a regular high volume low pressure blower for floats get it 85% full in aprox 1 minute then attach the high pressure low volume hand pump or air pump to get upto the rated pressure.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It looks like most of these electric pumps have a duty cycle of 10 minutes. I could inflate both to 50% and the rest by hand.

@tabbibus someone made a comment on youtube that the ryobi inflator has a 10 minute duty cycle and he thinks that his was damaged by exceeding that.

DaytonFlyer1068

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length

Shack

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is the pump I bought. I don’t have a SUP yet but plan on buying a couple of paddle north products sometime this summer. Says it has a cooling fan and can inflate 10 boards. I’ve only used it for regular inflatables so can’t comment on SUP’s. Seems like a good pump. 7 adapters and a carrying case.

Ventus SUP Pump, iSUP Eletric Air Pump for Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards by NIXY, 1-20PSI High Pressure, 12V Dual Stage and Auto-Off Function - 7 Nozzles Great for Inflatable SUP, Kayak, and More https://a.co/d/fv9Rzbb

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It looks like most of these electric pumps have a duty cycle of 10 minutes. I could inflate both to 50% and the rest by hand.

@tabbibus someone made a comment on youtube that the ryobi inflator has a 10 minute duty cycle and he thinks that his was damaged by exceeding that.
I mean, I wouldn't use myself as a shining beacon of correct usage. I've killed maybe 2 or 3 pumps in various ways. But honestly I don't think I've ever needed to pump longer than 10ish minutes in a row. For what it's worth, the small 1.5 ah battery that came with the dual inflator was not enough. It would always die at the end of the inflation. The 4ah did a great job.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I mean, I wouldn't use myself as a shining beacon of correct usage. I've killed maybe 2 or 3 pumps in various ways. But honestly I don't think I've ever needed to pump longer than 10ish minutes in a row. For what it's worth, the small 1.5 ah battery that came with the dual inflator was not enough. It would always die at the end of the inflation. The 4ah did a great job.
All these pumps come from China and have terrible reviews. It looks like the ultimate solution is the Dewalt 20v inflator with a 5AH battery, but the entire package costs over $200. I'm curious about harbor freight's inflator

$115 with the 5AH battery, charger, and inflator. Then 3D print the correct fitting for the SUP.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
On my old 2010 AR240, I deployed the Bimini poles into their forward position and used that and the tower as "racks". Then used a cam type strap to tie them down on top. Wasn't super convenient, but it worked great

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is my pump

And this is the adaptor to connect the high pressure side to the SUP.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I would install another cleat towards the stern and tie them up on the outside sides of the boat.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@I_squared_r

I have a 5' diameter disc that is essentially just a round inflatable SUP. Looks like this:
1656014518321.png

Might not be the SAME volume as yours, but it's gotta be close. I bought the below pump a few years ago, as well as a 12V extension cable. It blows up in ~5min or less to 12psi. I've never done it twice, but the pump always felt cool to the touch afterwards. The pump is a "dual stage" pump that is a high volume blower until ~0.7psi, then it swaps over to a traditional piston pump to get to 10-12psi. Works like a champ, and we can deflate/store that thing in a few minutes time in the rear starboard storage area.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07THVLZ16/ <--Pump

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014TZVXH0/ <--Extension cord

usmc6175

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Install an inverter in your boat and use 110v air pump. They are way faster and will last much longer.

SamN44

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@I_squared_r
Might not be the SAME volume as yours, but it's gotta be close. I bought the below pump a few years ago, as well as a 12V extension cable. It blows up in ~5min or less to 12psi. I've never done it twice, but the pump always felt cool to the touch afterwards. The pump is a "dual stage" pump that is a high volume blower until ~0.7psi, then it swaps over to a traditional piston pump to get to 10-12psi. Works like a champ, and we can deflate/store that thing in a few minutes time in the rear starboard storage area.

I bought this exact setup when you posted it elsewhere and it fills my 8'x8' mat to 6psi in about ten minutes. I also have the Ryobi inflator and adapter that tabbibus uses and it did not work well at all. It began to overheat before inflating my mat. My recommendation would be to stay away from the portable tire inflator type and stick with the purpose built SUP pumps.

IMG_7494.jpg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Two SUPS rolled up and stowed in the ski locker. 12v and manual air pumps onboard.

20170801_153421_001.jpg

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is the pump I bought. I don’t have a SUP yet but plan on buying a couple of paddle north products sometime this summer. Says it has a cooling fan and can inflate 10 boards. I’ve only used it for regular inflatables so can’t comment on SUP’s. Seems like a good pump. 7 adapters and a carrying case.

Ventus SUP Pump, iSUP Eletric Air Pump for Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards by NIXY, 1-20PSI High Pressure, 12V Dual Stage and Auto-Off Function - 7 Nozzles Great for Inflatable SUP, Kayak, and More https://a.co/d/fv9Rzbb
This. A dual stage pump is what you want. High flow to get it full, then high pressure til its ready (automatic shutoff). I have a different one than linked above, but will fill my 6x8 island and two paddleboards back to back to back without missing a beat.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@I_squared_r

I have a 5' diameter disc that is essentially just a round inflatable SUP. Looks like this:
View attachment 181088

The hyperlite board arrived today and the included pump looks exactly like yours, but with hyperlite branding. I just tested it with my jackery 500 battery and it works great. Faster than I expected. I'll just deflate and keep them on the boat.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would install another cleat towards the stern and tie them up on the outside sides of the boat.
I've always just pumped iurs up manually on the boat (get some catdio in and burn off the boat beers), but attaching them this way is a nice solution probably would make decent (if expensive) bumpers too.