• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How is the Spare Tire Attached to a MFI trailer with the basket rack under the bow?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My new to me 242LS came on a MFI trailer with the basket rack for the spare.. however it did not come with the mounting hardware, if anyone has this trailer / set up can you tell me what parts/pieces are used to secure the tire to the trailer?

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There should be a "J-shaped" bolt that goes through that hole and a lug nut holding it tight to the tire (nut on top of tire). The tire sits in like so... (see pic)boat 2.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will post a pic of my setup when I get home.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here you go, top and bottom views. FYI the orange item is a wheel lock.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Of you can't find a similar shaped bolt I suggest you contact mfi directly they are sure to have one and it is probably cheaper than the cost to ship it to you.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks..

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Another alternative would be to buy a galvanized bolt from Home Depot and drill the end so you can put a lock through it.