• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How long do you go?

BobbyP

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Without starting your Glastron? It’s been 4 weeks since I’ve been out, should I go start it and let it idle?

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I go out of town for work a lot and have left mine for 2-3 months, started right up, as long as it is on the float charger, you should be fine in my opinion.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Without starting your Glastron? It’s been 4 weeks since I’ve been out, should I go start it and let it idle?
This is a good question. I keep mine it a heated and air conditioned garage all the time. I never did anything special to winterize the Seadoo boat I had for 6 years except start it every two months or so for 30 seconds or so.

I’ve been afraid to start my new boat out of the water. I see Jetskiers start and “blow out” the water after trailering all the time though. What is the rule on starting new Rotax motors out of the water. My old boat was a two cycle Rotax versus my brand new motor.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My yamaha has not been started in two months as of now and it will like be another 6 months before I touch it again so it will have been sitting for 8 months and I fully expect it to start. My sea doo ski will have been sitting for 7 months and I fully expect it to start as well.