• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How many miles on your tow vehicle?

How many miles on your tow vehicle?

• 0-50,000 miles

Votes: 54 30.2%
  • 50,000-100,000 miles

Votes: 42 23.5%
  • 100,000-150,000 miles

Votes: 38 21.2%
  • 150,000-200,000 miles

Votes: 32 17.9%
  • 200,000 miles and above

Votes: 13 7.3%

• Total voters

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
my 02 f250 has 331k on it as of today, but i also did a 12v cummins conversion around 300k that only had 150k on it but the 7.3 that i pulled got installed into another truck that is still kicking. I have also redone the entire front end and suspension etc. obviously, but I have 0 plans to replace it anytime soon if i do it will be a newer super duty 08+ with another cummins conversion probably a common rail with an allison trans.

Team Bristow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
36K but I just traded up from my 2WD Grand Cherokee with 170K

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
230K on my 08 Dodge cummins. It is my work and tow truck. I am hoping for a few more years.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What's this towing thing people keep talking about? #marinalife ;)

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2013 Silverado with 10,600 miles. Have a company vehicle so it many sits in the garage.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just traded off my '09 GMC Sierra with 102,000 miles on it (still running great by the way). I had it just under 3 years and put 65,000 miles on it. Traded for a '13 Ram 1500 that has 23,000 on it.

craigm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
131,000 on my 08 Suburban LTZ.
Noticed rear air bags leak when I pulled the boat the first time yesterday and the mechanic says front axle seal shot, transmission line leaks and a few other issues starting to pop up.
Will fix the major problems and hold on at least another year is the plan.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
131,000 on my 08 Suburban LTZ.
Noticed rear air bags leak when I pulled the boat the first time yesterday and the mechanic says front axle seal shot, transmission line leaks and a few other issues starting to pop up.
Will fix the major problems and hold on at least another year is the plan.
If you want to do it yourself and if the airbags are the same as the ones on my '05 (built into the shock) there's an aftermarket source that's a little cheaper (I won't have access to the link until next week though...). Not a lot cheaper, but it will save you a few hundred bucks in parts - and obviously a few more in labor. They are the same company that makes the shocks for GM in the first place if I understand it correctly. Swapping them out is pretty simple.

I re-did my whole load leveling system last spring: New rear shocks, compressor and air line. Wasn't cheap but it made it operate like new. Hate to think what a garage will charge. Only reason I did it was the bottom of my spare tire on the boat trailer was scuffing on the top of the ramp because it was sagging in the rear so badly. I hated the idea of replacing a nice factory system with something aftermarket like standard shocks and aftermarket bags so I put her back to OEM state and was very pleased.

Meantime, if your bags are leaking I suggest you reach up under there and unplug the compressor so that you don't burn it out. It will only tolerate so much. (That's another part that's available aftermarket MUCH cheaper than GM.)

Oh, and I see it's your first post so Welcome!

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2013 F150 has 30K on it..

craigm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you want to do it yourself and if the airbags are the same as the ones on my '05 (built into the shock) there's an aftermarket source that's a little cheaper (I won't have access to the link until next week though...). Not a lot cheaper, but it will save you a few hundred bucks in parts - and obviously a few more in labor. They are the same company that makes the shocks for GM in the first place if I understand it correctly. Swapping them out is pretty simple.

I re-did my whole load leveling system last spring: New rear shocks, compressor and air line. Wasn't cheap but it made it operate like new. Hate to think what a garage will charge. Only reason I did it was the bottom of my spare tire on the boat trailer was scuffing on the top of the ramp because it was sagging in the rear so badly. I hated the idea of replacing a nice factory system with something aftermarket like standard shocks and aftermarket bags so I put her back to OEM state and was very pleased.

Meantime, if your bags are leaking I suggest you reach up under there and unplug the compressor so that you don't burn it out. It will only tolerate so much. (That's another part that's available aftermarket MUCH cheaper than GM.)

Oh, and I see it's your first post so Welcome!
Thanks for the info, will look into aftermarket parts and the time to do it myself.
Also good tip on the compressor!

Retired37

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2007 DODGE MEGA CAB (HEMI) just passed 161,000 and still going strong.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have about 85K on the '09 Silverado 4x4 hybrid. I will replace about 150K...it has an expensive battery, and I don't want to get stuck buying one. My other tow vehicle...a 2008 39' Fleetwood Discovery, only has about 6000 miles on it...until we get back from Powell!
It will be fun replacing the bus' batteries too ya know!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
They're good for now Travis, but 4-6 volts and 2-12V is a lot of batteries!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh, wow. Cool. I didn't realize it had 6 volt batteries. I figured you had 4 or 6 12v deep cycle and two for the engine.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Noticed rear air bags leak when I pulled the boat the first time yesterday
I had this issue on the Avalanche I had once upon a time. Here is a tip: get it fixed soon. Apparently, if the shocks leak, then the compressor is not smart enough to turn off. It will keep going and going and going to try to level the vehicle and burn itself out.

Then, you have to replace the shocks and the compressor.

Someone at GM got a bonus for coming up with that system.

Retired37

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
190,100 on my Dodge (yes its a HEMI). Its working strong, no intention to sell, Previous vehicle CHevy 1500 with 4.3 V-6, traded in on my dodge with 259,000 miles on it,

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
190,100 on my Dodge (yes its a HEMI). Its working strong, no intention to sell, Previous vehicle CHevy 1500 with 4.3 V-6, traded in on my dodge with 259,000 miles on it,
Man I just did a 2000 mile road trip with ours !!! And it kicked ass !!!! Towed out new boat home cruising 75-80 no prob at all !!! That hemi rocks !!!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Man I just did a 2000 mile road trip with ours !!! And it kicked ass !!!! Towed out new boat home cruising 75-80 no prob at all !!! That hemi rocks !!!!
Whoa! Been there done that...BUT, that MFI trailer always gave me a little more concern than my newer Shorelandr does. Good tires help with the concern, but those speeds really stand the hair on my neck!