• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How Much Are You Paying In Storage Fees

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$110/month, covered bay. Coded gate. About 5 mins from the house.
Would love a fully enclosed unit.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
$50 a month trailered at the marina on an army base that’s currently closed to all non-essential workers. Can’t even see the boat now if I wanted to.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$140 a month, narrow (but fitting) fully enclosed, double swing doors, full valet service, with private ramps on property. Lake Conroe, TX (outside Houston).

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
$160/month for indoor storage on a rack October - May in Sacramento, CA. Pretty crazy to see them forklift the boat up to the 4th level! Wet slip is $1,200 for however long the lake has enough water in it and/or we want to use it, which can be through October or in a dry year August. That also includes a California State Parks pass, though, which is normally about $375. And we could leave our boat parked out in the open for dry storage there when it is out of the slip if we wanted to. But we don't.

serg of energy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I pay $50 per month May - October for uncovered outdoor storage. Gated facility with 24/7 access. One month is free if you pay $250 up front. I pay $40 per month for unheated storage in a small barn November - April. I tip an extra $40 bucks because of the great rate.

feziwig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$50 a month in Salem, NH, Nov-April. Outdoor storage gated and fenced with security. I get it shrink wrapped for $12/foot

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We pay $700 a year for a 30x12 with a big swinging door, electric, and a gravel floor. We also pay $800 a year for our 20x8 covered slip with our lift in it. The boat sits on the lift roughly May through early October. The storage is 1/2 mile from a ramp but 15 minutes from our ramp and slip.

Jamestown KY
May I ask where you are getting a covered slip for $800?
Everywhere I call is $2,000 and up?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
North DFW :
Open air gravel about $100 a month
Covered about $200 a month
Fully enclosed about $450 a month ( with electricity)

my solution was a $9,000 garage conversion and now the boat the stays at the house on temperature controlled garage.
Frankly speaking the biggest advantage is the conviniece. At time we are sitting eating and the kids will go “ can we go tubing ? “ within 10 to 15 minutes we are on the way. And then we all come back home, we just back up the boat in the garage and leave things as is, no need to clean up or cover or whatever. Can do the cleanup big the next day at my own leisure

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Louisville, Ky. I’ve been keeping it in a cavern for $150 month during off season and $78 a month on a gravel, non covered spot during on season months. Just changed over to an individual covered storage site for $750 a year, ($62.50 a month)

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Needles California, I pay $195/month (minus 15% for paying 1 year in advance) for 12x40ft enclosed w/roll up door, holds the boat and ski trailer perfectly. 24/7 access with power inside. Saves a lot of gas not towing all the way to the river.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When we got the boat in '15 $350 for indoor (big warehouse with a bunch of other boats) vs $200 for outdoor from October to April so factor in the cost of covering it an indoor was no brainer. Since then though, they've crept up to north of $800 for indoor. Biggest argument we had was that they charge by the foot. Not boat length though - that would be easy! From the end of the swim platform to the end of the trailer hitch. I did point out that no one else around here does it that way and that it's not fair since they can overlap/stagger boats so they "gave me a discount" but we'll see what happens next season.

Actually, haven't talked to them yet this season about getting the boat back. I wonder if they'll want extra since we're past April soon...

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man, Jersey sucks for boat storage. I can choose the driveway or a pricey wet slip.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
$180 a month with annual contract required for this 30x12 private storage building at marina with two private ramps. No electricity which sucks. It’s also a pain in the ass getting it in and out because there is another row of buildings behind where I’m standing taking the pic and not enough room to back it in without making sharp turn. It’s a one year deal for me. Moving back to wetslip with a lift next year. Easiest boating I’ve ever done. That will run me about $280-$300 a month for 30x12 covered slip.

Attachments

Rockfords Fosgate

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
12.5x30 (I think). $89/month
  1. Covered (over concrete)
  2. Gated access
  3. Water
  4. Power
North Georgia / Lake Lanier

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Louisville, Ky. I’ve been keeping it in a cavern for $150 month during off season and $78 a month on a gravel, non covered spot during on season months. Just changed over to an individual covered storage site for $750 a year, ($62.50 a month)
I've been wondering if the MegaCavern was worth it or not. How do you like it?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've been wondering if the MegaCavern was worth it or not. How do you like it?
It was fine for what I needed it for, which was temporary storage in the off season. The plus side for some boaters is that it's a constant 55 degrees so you don't have to winterize and you're not locked into a 6 month or year contract. They also have a ton of space so they have it if you don't have time to shop around. The downside, particularly for those during boating season, is you have to give them 3 days notice to retrieve your boat. They have operational hours so you can't just come and go as you please.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$140/mo

15x40 with 12x12 (I think) door. 110V 15A electric (no meter, no extra charge). Concrete floors.

It's about 5 miles from my house and about .1 mile from a gas station with a TON of room for boat trailers and ethanol-free fuel.

Regarding drying things out: I pull everything out and drape it on saw-horses. It's a sweat-box in there so stuff dries out quick.

Critter control is vital. Every week I go check the "trap line" whether I'm boating or not. Over the summer I typically can make enough mittens to get me through a winter. 🤣

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$135.00 a Month for 12 month lease 12 x 35 private storage unit , concrete floor, 12 x 14 door, keypad entrance for the door.
Lights and electric. Storage units are 2 years old, 1 mile from Brookville lake, Ohio