• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How much did you pay for the 50 hours service?

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
While we are on the topic of oil changes..does everyone change their oil after winter storage? I had a 10hr change last year and only a few more hours after that.

WickedPorter

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think hey do either, I recall on ajohns '13 242 ls that the zerk fittings are mounted directly to the bearing housing.
My 2013 (with CA Emissions, i.e. catalytic converters) has the tubes that connect to a zirk fitting mounted to a plate on the top aft portion of each engine, as the main housings are not easily accessible with all that emissions crap in the way. :) Pumped them up at the 10 hour service last year until they were relatively firm. Adding a pump each service from this point forward.

As for all the other recommended grease points by the pumps/drives, first time (figuring it out) takes about 30-45 minutes, after that was able to finish both sides in about 10 minutes with a couple of common tools.

WickedPorter

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While we are on the topic of oil changes..does everyone change their oil after winter storage? I had a 10hr change last year and only a few more hours after that.
I change my oil immediately before winter storage so she's ready to go in the spring with fresh oil/filters. I don't like the idea of "dirty" oil sitting in an engine over the long winter break. That said I believe there are good arguments for both options (before/after storage). My limited research suggests you should choose your personal preference and roll with it. :D

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Agree with @WickedPorter. Personal preference. I change after winter storage but not sure any data supports one over the other.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
$650?? Thats robbery. Its just an oil change and lubing a couple parts. Do it yourself for under $250 even if you have to buy all the tools first. A fair price for a dealer should not exceed $200 in my opinion. I paid just under $300 for the 10 hour service and havent been back.

Take a look for yourself. I included all the pages for the 50 hour items on this schedule.
I am getting ready to do the 100 Hour service this weekend (only at 60 hours but going into the third season so didn't think it would hurt). Thank you for this, it's exactly what I needed!

Last edited:

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ajohn... I stroooooongly recommend you take you boat to the Ski Clinic in Antioch for service. It's a Jetski / Jet Boat shop... just jet powered crafts. Family owned and do amazing work.

http://www.theskiclinic.com/

Other members here in the area will attest to this as well!

Skip the dealer for SURE. With that said, I can't remember how much my last regular service with them was. ;)
Never been to the ski clinic. I go to delta watercraft in bethel island. The owner used to do service for Tracy motor sport. Service is $331. Till the end of the month it's 20% off. I dropped my boat off this morning and forgot to bring the keys. When I got back with the keys they were already working on it. This will probably be my last time paying for service, time for me to do my own wrenching.

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All true but I don't to this all at once. I change the oil every 25 engine hours. Grease the bearings a couple of times a year, and change the spark plugs only when they need to be changed. So I'm never spending more than about an hour at a time servicing the boat. Heck I can spend way more time cleaning than doing maintenance. These boats are easy. When I begin extracting oil I do some boat cleaning, or I go mow the lawn. I have two extractors so can do both engines at the same time. The bigger job is taking the oil in to the recycle center.

I can find iridium plugs for around $7.50. Oil & Filters $65 total. Compared to gas, insurance, and other costs maintenance is one of the cheaper things I have to do to the boat.

One more maintenance step almost every time I take the boat out is to spray some CRC 6-56 on the pumps.

I've had the boat almost 5 years (in August) and it's never been in the shop yet.
What is CRC 6-56?

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What is CRC 6-56?
It is a lubricant and water displacement spray. Its not unlike WD-40 but there us controversy over WD-40 so many use CRC 6-56.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Controversy over WD-40??? Like saying controversy over Duct Tape.
World as we know it, ends!
;-)

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ajohn... I stroooooongly recommend you take you boat to the Ski Clinic in Antioch for service. It's a Jetski / Jet Boat shop... just jet powered crafts. Family owned and do amazing work.

http://www.theskiclinic.com/

Other members here in the area will attest to this as well!

Skip the dealer for SURE. With that said, I can't remember how much my last regular service with them was. ;)
x2 here for the Ski Clinic in Antioch. I've brought all my skiis to them for years for repairs or mods. Although I have not used them for servicing since it's so easy (for me). You just have to time the trip out to Antioch due to horrendous traffic on hwy 4 depending on time and direction.