• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How not to dock a jetboat

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
As a few others have stated....I feel MUCH better about my docking abilities :) I can drive a ladder truck with the best of them, but the boat still presents a few challenges to me. But I am getting there. Just the other day when pulling into our slip and with our neighbors boat now in there.......the wife says...."wow that was smooth" Yes made me feel good :)

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Why do people record video and take pictures vertically? Drives me nuts!
I hope Apple makes the camera only work in horizontal some day.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you watch the full length version on YouTube, you can hear the driver say, " Here, hold my beer, I have to dock this thing "
@JetBoatPilot , if you had some type of inflatable bumper that went around the bow and back to about midships, you'd sell a bunch of them. ;)

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sucks. But I will say the guys recording are A-holes for sitting there laughing. Hate people who get a kick out of others misery. Put down your phone run over there and help. Nobody needs your ass sitting there judging.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It looks like the guy panicked (Alcohol may have been involved) and jammed the throttles forward. The person in the front of the boat that was standing is lucky he didn't get hurt. I have had some "awkward" docking moments but I can't say I ever just tried to power through the dock.

I am sure he was not a happy boater.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
If you watch the full length version on YouTube, you can hear the driver say, " Here, hold my beer, I have to dock this thing "
@JetBoatPilot , if you had some type of inflatable bumper that went around the bow and back to about midships, you'd sell a bunch of them. ;)
Where is the full length video? I couldn't find it

rickd01

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like my first time out, I'm reminded everytime I look port side, happened 2 yrs ago, still hurts

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks like the guy panicked (Alcohol may have been involved) and jammed the throttles forward. The person in the front of the boat that was standing is lucky he didn't get hurt. I have had some "awkward" docking moments but I can't say I ever just tried to power through the dock.

I am sure he was not a happy boater.
I'm sure...lack of thrust vectors certainly not the root cause.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
He was just practicing his crash landings, the original video had very few views , probably because there was no blood or dismemberment involved.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
this one is more interesting and the background music is better than the guy laughing in the background of the first one.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could it of been a rental? Bad move anyway we look at it……….remember all, slow like a pro-fast like an ass.

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like a brand new 2015 SX190. As a novice boater myself I feel bad for the guy. But gunning the throttle is never a good idea, I learned that already.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As we say in motocross, when in doubt, gas it out!!!

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No Excuse for that at all. This is a big problem because most dealers just hand you the keys and say have fun. Not saying he was new to the boat but if he was not then he or she was too drunk to function. Lucky someone did not get thrown out, bad enough to damage other peoples property. Approach the dock slowly, look at everything that is going on before you get close such as currents, wind and other boats. Figure out what these are going to do to you as you approach. If you cant dock the boat you need to get help and learn how to do it before it costs you a lot of money or worse

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Campgrounds, boat launches, marina docks, great spectator sports!
You are guaranteed a show especially on a crowded holiday weekend.

I have delivered my share of free entertainment to bystanders.
Recently I backed into my slip in front of a small crowd.
Wow everything lined up and I looked like the jet boat pro as she slid backwards perfectly lined up and ever so lightly kissed the bumper at the end of the slip.
Hmm, that's weird, I thought, that's not my bumper.... And that's when my slip neighbor pointed at the empty slip next door where all my fenders etc were tied. I had backed into the wrong slip.
No harm done no real show but man I felt stupid pulling out, moving over, and backing in again.