• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How tight do you make your bow roller to the boat? My Stoltz is so tight it’s leaving orange marks on the boat and I think caused a few stress cracks

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
It looks like your bow is not touching the roller. The bow should be touching at minimum. The roller looks ok. What size is it? Should be a 3.5 inch center roller if you have the 19ft boat. Spoke to the supplier today because they sent me the wrong size. I asked them about the lubricant that came on it and whether I should periodically lube it. (Might help avoid marring). He said you can but not necessary. But he also said it should be free enough to roll slightly.

Unfortunately I made this mod too late and have marks from the stock shorelander roller already :(
It's sitting in my shop for the winter... I released the tension on the winch. No need to add constant tension for no reason. Oytherwise, when towing, I always have it against the roller, at least touching the side ears of the roller. The center roller is the RP-444 4". I have a 212x, (21ft) does that make a difference?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It's sitting in my shop for the winter... I released the tension on the winch. No need to add constant tension for no reason. Oytherwise, when towing, I always have it against the roller, at least touching the side ears of the roller. The center roller is the RP-444 4". I have a 212x, (21ft) does that make a difference?
You can use either the 3.5" or 4" length on the 21 and 24/25 ft boats. The 4" one obviously sits a little snug in there. I have the same 4" center roller you do (RP-444) on my 252SE trailer because I'd rather have a little extra rubber around those metal brackets than a little less rubber. Because of that, mine doesn't spin very easily but in a year and a half of use it hasn't left any marks on my boat yet (unlike the stock roller which left marks on my boat when it was brand new...fortunately, none were permanent and I was able to clean them all off).

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
You can use either the 3.5" or 4" length on the 21 and 24/25 ft boats. The 4" one obviously sits a little snug in there. I have the same 4" center roller you do (RP-444) on my 252SE trailer because I'd rather have a little extra rubber around those metal brackets than a little less rubber. Because of that, mine doesn't spin very easily but in a year and a half of use it hasn't left any marks on my boat yet (unlike the stock roller which left marks on my boat when it was brand new...fortunately, none were permanent and I was able to clean them all off).
Same here. The old roller really made a mess, I was able to clean it all off, and the new roller, while doesn't roll hasn't left any marks

Wrecked Rooster

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did mine without the side larger side bells so the hull sits solid against the center roller snug. With the side bells it looks like you have to crank it down to get the center to be firm and solid. The smudges you see are from the stock POS roller from the day I brought it home. This pictures was right after I took delivery.

View attachment 173547
Which model of roller do you have?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length