• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to find XM Radio ID on new 242 LS Connext??

Ronald Moore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well that's one of the perks of T-Mobile unlimited data. Here in charleston they work great. I was with Verizon for over 10 years and their prices just kept going up and up. When I switched my bill dropped to about $60 bucks unlimited text, calls and data. Plus you get free wifi calling any where in the world. They also had decent international rates as well as unlimited data and text in most parts of the world as well. Annnnnnd they paid for my early termination fee with Verizon. And no I don't work for T-Mobile

whaler7626

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had this same issue on my '13 SX240-- We love SXM, especially ch24 Margaritaville and literally listen to it all year long in 2 cars and cross country on road trips, so naturally having it on our new boat would be essential!! Found out tho that the tuner was not installed, and when searching all over the internet it was obsolete! The SCC1 tuner was discontinued.. So we had to get the Onyx external system with all the wires and stuff, so its really annoying, but we must have the music and news etc. (luckily tho for being such a long time subscriber they sent it for free!) Any ideas on where to find a tuner?

TimBroom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry, I have been out of town for work, haven't been able to follow-up. I just ordered the part from XM, I will let you know how it goes... anyone else already install on a '15 24" yet?

Richard Lajoie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I decided to go with the
Starmate 8 with Vehicle Kit, rather than the reciever - it was about 1/2 the price. However I may not like all the wires, I'll let you know, it will be here next week.

Terry

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Then in this picture there should be some place to plug in a receiver, I've looked and nothing stands out. There should be a female connector for the receiver to plug in to.View attachment 19776
I just found it. The silver tab SXM is a patch cover to the plug. Pull that off and plug in the receiver. it only plugs in one way.

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

TimBroom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
About 8 inches from the hockey puck gps that is in front of pilot, toward the center of the console in front of glass. I should have taken a picture, I can if requested. I am not a handy kind of guy but took the risk of drilling into the boat, and it was easy and looks great. Used some super adhesive double sided stuff to hold it down and cover the hole and you can't see anything... I did discover why my front right speaker wasn't working... no speaker wire, it seems it was a few feet short, I found it under the helm.. so that will be an easy fix now that I know it... the dealer just ordered me a new speaker when he found out it didn't work... I guess he never checked it... of course, I didn't either until now...

whaler7626

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anything for units that are "Sirius Ready"? (2013 model boat)

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
About 8 inches from the hockey puck gps that is in front of pilot, toward the center of the console in front of glass. I should have taken a picture, I can if requested. I am not a handy kind of guy but took the risk of drilling into the boat, and it was easy and looks great. Used some super adhesive double sided stuff to hold it down and cover the hole and you can't see anything... I did discover why my front right speaker wasn't working... no speaker wire, it seems it was a few feet short, I found it under the helm.. so that will be an easy fix now that I know it... the dealer just ordered me a new speaker when he found out it didn't work... I guess he never checked it... of course, I didn't either until now...
Did you try holding the antenna under the fiberglass to see if it would get a signal before drilling into the fiber glass?

Kingsize

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Jonathan, I tested the antenna under the fiberglass. Did not work. I also tried installing the receiver on top of the wakeboard tower and run the thin gauge wire through the wakeboard tube and into the boat. Did not work either. I am looking for a better antenna that will work with the tuner that came with the SXV300 before I drill a hole in the boat similar to what Tim did.

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jonathan, I tested the antenna under the fiberglass. Did not work. I also tried installing the receiver on top of the wakeboard tower and run the thin gauge wire through the wakeboard tube and into the boat. Did not work either. I am looking for a better antenna that will work with the tuner that came with the SXV300 before I drill a hole in the boat similar to what Tim did.
Hey Kingsize, thanks for the update. It's too bad the antenna wasn't pre-mounted in that white puck. I wonder if that white puck opens up? I'm still debating about what to do.

Kingsize

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey Jonathan. This weekend, I loosened the two 7/32" nuts holding the GPS antenna puck in place. There is a fairly good size hole (~1.25") underneath the puck, more than enough to route the SiriusXM antenna wire through the opening. I then loosely re-tightened the screws because I did not want to pinch the SiriusXM antenna wire between the puck and the boat. This is a better solution but the puck is no longer flush to the boat surface. When I get a chance, I am going to cut a thin slot outward from the existing hole, deep enough to route the antenna wire under the puck and be able to fully tightened the puck flush and add some two face tape under the SiriusXM antenna.

Thor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just purchased a 2013 limited S and couldn't be happier with the boat. This forum is great, I have learned a ton. I have the Sirius/xm app on my phone and tried to listen with the phone connected through the USB port. I get a message "error, cannot read file". Has anyone found a way around this? As someone else mentioned, apple radio works fine.
Great forum, Thanks!

jareknyc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Cheaper guys, get XM app connect with Bluetooth And u done ;) I have unlimited data works great

greg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also just took off the GPS and cut a small slot in it with dremel tool to get it flush. 5 min install. I tried everywhere under the helm but it just wouldn't work well.