• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to find XM Radio ID on new 242 LS Connext??

Richard Lajoie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very well said, not everyone would like XM, it's costly for thousands of boats that they built. With that said do you know if the
SiriusXM SXV300 Connect Vehicle Tuner will plug right in the back of the connect system?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very well said, not everyone would like XM, it's costly for thousands of boats that they built. With that said do you know if the
SiriusXM SXV300 Connect Vehicle Tuner will plug right in the back of the connect system?
I am not sure. I will take a look around this weekend. I know the main unit is on the swim platform, but don't know if you have to connect it all the way back there. There may be some type of distribution device that it can plug into. Hopefully someone has done it already and will chime in. @Williamsone46 , @Charles

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The head unit is under the dash although the main display is used as the remote on the transom and the connext is wired as the remote ..... makes sense? So it would plug into the polk head unit under the helm. I'm not familiar with the SiriusXM SXV300 Connect Vehicle Tuner though.

Richard Lajoie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Then in this picture there should be some place to plug in a receiver, I've looked and nothing stands out. There should be a female connector for the receiver to plug in to.IMG_20150406_160647733.jpg

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I'm thinking that it should be one of those coming from lower right of the polk head unit pictured

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Capture.PNG Capture.PNG

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you, @OperationROL for some common-sense thinking. Much appreciated.

Ronald Moore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Personally I was thinking about getting the XM receiver until this weekend.. Since you can hook up your iPhone ,iPod or whatever, its really no big deal. I had the Apple streaming music all weekend and was great .. so XM is just an extra expense you will only use when on your boat, which for me is usually just weekends. So I will just use my iPhone.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Personally I was thinking about getting the XM receiver until this weekend.. Since you can hook up your iPhone ,iPod or whatever, its really no big deal. I had the Apple streaming music all weekend and was great .. so XM is just an extra expense you will only use when on your boat, which for me is usually just weekends. So I will just use my iPhone.
I thought about using my phone and streaming from XM, since I already have XM accounts, but wouldn't the data usage be ridulously high? Curious on how much data you use in a day out.

Ronald Moore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I thought about using my phone and streaming from XM, since I already have XM accounts, but wouldn't the data usage be ridulously high? Curious on how much data you use in a day out.
I'm with T-Mobile and have unlimited data, so really don't pay attention.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@OperationROL, this is from something I found online.

"The free edition of Pandora can stream music over the Web at a bitrate of 128 Kpbs or 57.6MB per hour. This could mount up to a significant usage each month. For example, if you listed to Pandora for one hour each weekday while commuting, you would use at least 1.1GB over a month containing 20 workdays. This usage alone would put you over the limit on some data plans."

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@OperationROL, this is from something I found online.

"The free edition of Pandora can stream music over the Web at a bitrate of 128 Kpbs or 57.6MB per hour. This could mount up to a significant usage each month. For example, if you listed to Pandora for one hour each weekday while commuting, you would use at least 1.1GB over a month containing 20 workdays. This usage alone would put you over the limit on some data plans."
Thannks! Good to know.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A bit off topic but related...

I had XM a number of years ago when I first got my Durango. Its sound system wasn't the best, but I enjoyed the XM programming.
I didn't want to pay for XM subscription, so when the previous owner's prepaid term ran out (after about 10 months of free service for me!), I let it expire and have gone without since.

My 2012 Tahoe that I picked up a few weeks ago was GM Certified, which includes 3 months of XM. My Tahoe LTZ has a better sound system than my '09 Durango Limited...I would say it is very good for a stock system, but not the best I have ever had in a car (my 2006 Acura TL's stock system was better).

My point: The Tahoe system sounds great on FM, CD, or USB-fed iPhone. It sounds hollow and a bit tinny on XM. I suspect this is due to digital compression used by SiriusXM, but it could be something about the Tahoe's XM receiver. Assuming it is the XM's compression, I have to say it is almost intolerable to me. It does sound better than my daily driver Honda Civic's sound system, but compared to the non-XM sources in the Tahoe, the XM feed sounds like it is piped through a cardboard tube with cotton candy inside.

Beside the fact I don't need the XM and I certainly don't need the additional payment...I can't tolerate the mediocre sound quality and will not subscribe when my trial period is up.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thannks! Good to know.
Hey, no problem. XM and Pandora's data usage may not be quite the same but I thought it was useful none the less. Actually, I wasn't thinking about XM when I was looking up info, because I don't have that service. So it never occurred to me that I was giving information on the wrong thing. Lol!
But, you're still very welcome.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We have XM in 2 cars ......... But when we are in the boat, we want iHEART radio ! And our most FAV station, The BIG 98 outta Nashville, WSIX !
WSIX - America's PREMIER country radio station - with LIVE DJ's, 24 hrs a day !
It's really hard to justify XM today, as the BEST stuff now seems to be on iHEART !
Y'all play nicely now in the sandbox, Mikey Lulejian - Out on a gorgeous Spring day on Lake Oconee, GA

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have searched the manual, forums, google... and I seemed to have gone through the Connext system searching for radio ID in order to activate XM radio... each time I press the XM radio it stays for a couple seconds then returns to previous screen... any help is appreciated, I sincerely hope it is not an ID10T error...
Tim
Hey @TimBroom do you want a Sat radio unit for your boat? I'm about to tear mine out And have no use for it

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey @TimBroom do you want a Sat radio unit for your boat? I'm about to tear mine out And have no use for it
Hey, I'll take it if he doesn't want it. Glad to help you out.:)

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
A typical 2 gb plan would be consumed by Pandora in 16 hours. Or about 155 mb/hr. Some players use less data at a quality loss of sorts.