• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to get Yamaha inside 14ft garage door

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I thought I would post some helpful insights learned last night:

Step 1: Open garage door higher than height of your Yamaha.

Step 2: Pull in garage.

I can’t emphasize enough how important Step 1 is!!!

7151A308-D850-4287-9176-2BC4687EB688.jpeg

This is the second complete bonehead move I’ve made with the boat in a week. I rubbed it against the gate last week and tore up my cover. I used to think I wasn’t an idiot but starting to wonder :banghead:

Luckily the boat has made it through mostly unscathed.

Garage company said a replacement panel will currently take 20 weeks to get and will cost 125% more than it did in January when they put the door in.

I did the same thing ONCE with our 12w x 14h door. The tower tow point will certainly bend the bottom of the door. I managed to straighten the bottom, mostly. It is a less visible "barn door" though. Mine was while pulling out the door.

I attempted to pull our AR190 OUT of the 7ft door once........I forgot to put the tower down first though.

1638211066160.png 1638211089317.png

Guess who has two thumbs and bought a new door panel the next day?......That right, this guy! Good news is, the tower is stronger than we think it is :D :D

Much to @zipper point though. This is the kind of thing you do ONCE.

Makes me feel better that two guys that know what they are doing have done the same thing. Thanks for the moral support!

Step 1: Double the height of my current garage door.

Makes me feel better that two guys that know what they are doing have done the same thing. Thanks for the moral support!

DOO DOO OCCURS

As big of a pain in the a$$ as it is to fix or replace the door panel, it has to be a better alternative that having damage done to the boat!

Didn't happen with a boat, but after replacing the brakes on my old dodge durango pickup truck and while backing the truck out of the single car garage of our last home, I broke the stationary side mirror on the side jam of the garage. Called Rock Auto and had a replacement mirrror in a couple of days. A couple of weeks later, I broke the same stationary side mirror again on the other side jam of the garage! ?

Jim

Been there done that (sorta)..happens to the best of us.

Years ago came home from a long day of boating and backed the boat up to the closed garage door. Problem was I backed in too far and pushed the Alpha One lower unit right through the garage door…Didnt realize it until the next morning..:rolleyes:

Not much damage to see here, I had to straighten the steel lower edge. It was bent enough to interfere with up/down movement.

20211129_155331.jpg

You think you would miss a door this big. lol

20211129_155404.jpg

Back