• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to purchase a used Yamaha Boat when the lean holder is Yamaha Corp?

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here is an update regarding my purchase of a 2021, AR210 with a "Bill of Sale" from a private party.
* I made a cashiers check for the remaining balance owed by the seller to Yamaha Finance. We mailed the check via UPS on September 1st 2021.
* On October 6th Yamaha Finance sent the over payment amount to the seller
* After 50 calendar days (October 20th) ,there is no trace of any Title Information from Yamaha Finance!

Are there other people like me waiting the title from Yamaha this long?
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Tug
I wish I could find the number for you, but when I sold my Yamaha I found the phone number to Yamaha's title department and called them directly. They were helpful and I had my title within a week after I paid my boat off.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I just got a boat from someone with a lien through Yamaha. Hopefully he will help me stay on top of it.

rbarthur21

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is an update regarding my purchase of a 2021, AR210 with a "Bill of Sale" from a private party.
* I made a cashiers check for the remaining balance owed by the seller to Yamaha Finance. We mailed the check via UPS on September 1st 2021.
* On October 6th Yamaha Finance sent the over payment amount to the seller
* After 50 calendar days (October 20th) ,there is no trace of any Title Information from Yamaha Finance!

Are there other people like me waiting the title from Yamaha this long?
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Tug
Any update on this? I assume you eventually got the title?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Mine went pretty smooth with Yamaha. The issues I ran into were titling in FL vs. GA. We falsely assumed the boat was titled, because GA requires boat to be titled. Only that law came into affect after the boat was purchased initially. So he sent me, what we both thought was the title, but it was the Certificate of Origin. I then needed to get a copy of his registration to title the boat in FL.

LoWeLL216

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also purchased from an owner financed through Yamaha. It took a few weeks to get the title, but everything went smoothly.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
When I sold my Yamaha, found the phone number for Yamaha's title department and I had my title in a week.
This is what I did but it was with a Yamaha motorcycle I was selling and they faxed release of lien within a couple of day's; however, I'm in Michigan and in Michigan, the buyer holds the titles, not the lien companies so all we needed was a release of lien statement.

rbarthur21

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is what I did but it was with a Yamaha motorcycle I was selling and they faxed release of lien within a couple of day's; however, I'm in Michigan and in Michigan, the buyer holds the titles, not the lien companies so all we needed was a release of lien statement.
Ok, I’m thinking of selling my boat and I think it’d be easier with title in hand. So I called Yamaha motor finance and asked how long it would take. The customer service rep said once it’s paid off they hold the lien release for 15 days and then it could take another 30 days to receive the title. However, she said since I live in Florida, I guess the DMV holds the title, so I just need the lien release and can go to my DMV to get the title. I think I’m going to go that route.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
Ok, I’m thinking of selling my boat and I think it’d be easier with title in hand. So I called Yamaha motor finance and asked how long it would take. The customer service rep said once it’s paid off they hold the lien release for 15 days and then it could take another 30 days to receive the title. However, she said since I live in Florida, I guess the DMV holds the title, so I just need the lien release and can go to my DMV to get the title. I think I’m going to go that route.
They can fax release of lien directly to DMV, usually within a couple of days of payoff, this is what I had them do for my buyer. You need to speak with the Lien Department to get this done, not just the Yamaha Finance customer service that answers the phone.

rbarthur21

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They can fax release of lien directly to DMV, usually within a couple of days of payoff, this is what I had them do for my buyer. You need to speak with the Lien Department to get this done, not just the Yamaha Finance customer service that answers the phone.
I also contacted the DMV to see what they said. Their answer was that the title is held by the state of Florida. Once the state recieves the release of lien (which can be verified online at flhsmv.gov) from Yamaha, I can go to the DMV and have my title printed and from there can transfer it. The customer service rep from Yamaha did say those were just estimates and also recommend calling the title and lien department once the payoff is made. I already posted the title lien department’s number in this thread awhile back for anyone searching for it.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
I also contacted the DMV to see what they said. Their answer was that the title is held by the state of Florida. Once the state recieves the release of lien (which can be verified online at flhsmv.gov) from Yamaha, I can go to the DMV and have my title printed and from there can transfer it. The customer service rep from Yamaha did say those were just estimates and also recommend calling the title and lien department once the payoff is made. I already posted the title lien department’s number in this thread awhile back for anyone searching for it.
Seems like your turn around time will be fast, good luck!