• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to secure transom Fat Sac? Pics please.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I took a drill and drilled through the hole in the vent cap through to the other side. So, the cap now lets air out both sides instead of just the one tiny hole. Seems to have helped that a bit.
Fantastic idea!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Those plugs are swappable, and I had spare valves so I could put one in each side. But honestly, a person can screw it all the way out. I keep spares in a cup holder as it's only time before one goes for a swim to the bottom of the lake ending our surf session.

But when pulled out totally, it can purge all the air it needs. It's a balancing act on the back, purge valve in one hand, beer in the other.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Those plugs are swappable, and I had spare valves so I could put one in each side. But honestly, a person can screw it all the way out. I keep spares in a cup holder as it's only time before one goes for a swim to the bottom of the lake ending our surf session.

But when pulled out totally, it can purge all the air it needs. It's a balancing act on the back, purge valve in one hand, beer in the other.
That was my exact stance on Sunday... but without spare plugs I didn't want to drop it in 60' of water.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use a cargo strap attached to the tower. Even without the straps, I doubt the sac would move.

By placing the 650lb bag in the middle, I can swap the WakeBooster (WakeEnhancer in Canada!) and the 200lb bag to ride the other side.
I'm doing the same positioning. Didnt get out this weekend to try. Nice to see that it works well. I may try adding the 2nd booster factory bag to the bow to see if I can stretch the pocket some.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Where do you get extra plugs? I don't see them on Gantlin's site.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Where do you get extra plugs? I don't see them on Gantlin's site.
These are Fatsac products and sold in many boating stores. The plugs are no different from model to model of the bags. I could be wrong, but there should have been a couple spares shipped with it. Or maybe I got lucky and got them with my other FatSacs.

You can always go to Amazon. The plugs are FatSac Wally Plugs, the purge plugs are called FatSac Air Release Plugs

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
These are Fatsac products and sold in many boating stores. The plugs are no different from model to model of the bags. I could be wrong, but there should have been a couple spares shipped with it. Or maybe I got lucky and got them with my other FatSacs.

You can always go to Amazon. The plugs are FatSac Wally Plugs, the purge plugs are called FatSac Air Release Plugs
I didn't get any extra plugs on my last two bags. Wakemakers seems to be the best place to order from.

Jshallat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I put fatsac on my Yamaha 212x the other day just to test filling it. The boat transom partially under water scares me a bit. Especially when a person sat close to it. Don’t want to sink my new boat!! So I’m assuming that’s normal to be under water and listing to the side.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've had water on the lower swim deck on the surfside. It's normal when you load it down.

slickstick

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Keeping the bag on the transom has been a nightmare for me so far. Both times I tried to use it I thought I tied it down pretty good with ropes and it fell off. Major pain to drain the thing and get it back in the boat, kills the day.

Just ordered a set of these. It has "soft loops" on one side for the cleat so the hook isn't rubbing against the boat. Only 8ft long, I am hoping they will be long enough. If the bag falls off again I am just going to leave the damn thing in the lake.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Keeping the bag on the transom has been a nightmare for me so far. Both times I tried to use it I thought I tied it down pretty good with ropes and it fell off. Major pain to drain the thing and get it back in the boat, kills the day.

Just ordered a set of these. It has "soft loops" on one side for the cleat so the hook isn't rubbing against the boat. Only 8ft long, I am hoping they will be long enough. If the bag falls off again I am just going to leave the damn thing in the lake.

That's what I have used is a soft loop on the outer cleat, and center tow point. Ratchet strap low through the handles and high through the handles, it sits solid. The biggest tip, was to fill the bag with air and strap it down. Then purge air while filling with water.

Draining is the easiest, not sure where the problem is. I pull the two plugs on the bottom and she drops water like a fat kid that had too many beers.

Good luck,