• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hudson River Between Stony Point and the Battery

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will be out on the Hudson Between Stony Point and the Battery today . . . . . Shout out here if you'll be around. Likely our last trip of the season so we will be out all day.

JM

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@0627Devildog Just saw your post and im curious about the hudson river near stony point. Im thinking about launching out there and check out the foliage change/color from the river. Any tips and/or maybe some place to dock and grab lunch? Thanks!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Mike I have only boated out of there a few times. . . .

There is a place on the East Bank of the Hudson just north of the TappanZee Bridge, that I have been to via land. There is likely plenty of dock space this time of year for you to park and grab some lunch. I am sorry, but I do not know the name.

@RumDiet might be able to give some better direction as they have their boat at Patsy's Bay Marina year round.

I am going to try and get out on Saturday (supposed to be 74).......as long as my boat is done getting the warranty repairs complete.

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
thanks! @0627Devildog Look out for me if you make it out to the water on saturday. I plan on launching out of Patsy's so I will ask them im sure they will know where the good spots are.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice. I just got word that the warranty work is all wrapped up. So the plan is to head out there in the a.m. and launch around 11am. The weather looks ok for tomorrow (70 and only partly cloudy), though it looks like it might be pretty windy 12-14mph. . . . . . . I am playing by ear whether or not I launch. Depending on the weather, I am hoping to make it down towards the city to check out the Intrepid. We'll see.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's on, headed out shortly for an 11AM launch. So far radar has the weather holding off to the north so we will be southbound towards NYC.

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just checked the weather too and it looks good. Are you launching out patsy's? I plan on being up there around same time but will head north instead.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Mike I launched around 11:20 or so. . . . I looked for you but there were no sx190's in sight. We headed south to NYC. Made it all the way down to the Intrepid. IMG_1932.JPGIMG_1934.JPGIMG_1936.JPGIMG_1942.JPGIMG_1945.JPGIMG_1949.JPGIMG_1952.JPG

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice pics! A lot more sunnier down by manhattan. We got to Patsy's late around noon or so. We headed north as far as Newburgh NY but then we saw some dark clouds that started moving in so we decided to call it a day. But I want to thank @nyboatpro Jim for The hospitality at Patsy's. What a great guy and nice facility. Everyone we met there were really nice so again thank you @nyboatpro !! I didn't take many pics but here are some. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh and saw this in horror. Guess this is why we don't leave our boats in the water. Not sure who's it it or how long it was in the water for but it sure looks bad!!! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
DAAAAAMN!!!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice pics! A lot more sunnier down by manhattan. We got to Patsy's late around noon or so. We headed north as far as Newburgh NY but then we saw some dark clouds that started moving in so we decided to call it a day. But I want to thank @nyboatpro Jim for The hospitality at Patsy's. What a great guy and nice facility. Everyone we met there were really nice so again thank you @nyboatpro !! I didn't take many pics but here are some. View attachment 13954View attachment 13955View attachment 13956View attachment 13957
You were better off staying North of Stony point IMHO. I think the water was a bit rough for a 19 footer south of the Tappan Zee on Saturday. We were ok in the AR240, but any smaller and it would have been a lot less enjoyable. The wind and width of the river, combined with the traffic in that vicinity made for some rough seas. We had the wind at our backs for much of the ride home, but the last 20 minutes was brutal. Took 2 big splashes over the bow.

All in all it was a good day, with some great views. I would reserve a trip down to the city for a less windy weekday in the future.

p.s. I told you Jim is awesome.

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We should plan a gathering next year out of Patsys there were a lot of yamahas out there!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely. I saw a Red 242LS South of the GWB boogying. . . . . He was going to fast to throw him any footballs though.

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Definitely. I saw a Red 242LS South of the GWB boogying. . . . . He was going to fast to throw him any footballs though.
LOL... that might have been a little difficult!! lol