• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Humility

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I giggled... a few times.... wait, still giggling.

I have two boys, 26, 24 and a 14 year old GIRL. Intimidation between a parent and daughter gets a bit... dry, she's not hearing it. HOWEVER, I call her brothers, who no longer live with us and they give her the first degree. For the most part, it's working....they have a close relationships and her brothers do tell her what "boys are thinking" versus what parents are "making you aware".

Now she's definitely is a daddy's girl, and my husband always tells me we (women) look for their father figure, so in part to your situation, he's similar to YOU. As a mother, or even a father - maybe you have a "man to man" talk. The fact that you can be the assertive parent, means business. My husband will be doing that - not soon I hope, but that will be our direction. 'WE'RE WATCHING YOU... WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE" :p

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just tell my daughters boyfriends.. "I have a friend with a 1000 wooded acres and a backhoe.." Then I ask them if they have seen James lately.. When they ask who James is, I just give em a look and walk away.