• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hurricane Irma is headed my way!!!! (Maybe)

Yamahasx190_2017

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Okay so I just got my first boat about 2 months ago. Never had a boat during a hurricane!!!

Any suggestions on how I should prep it? It is in my car port (aluminum roof)

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We are on the West Coast of FLA and are asking the same questions, my SX 190 is stored in my garage not outside, right now all we/you can do is double check your insurance policy and if you have any questions call your agent...and of course pray for a big turn out to sea.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
About all you can do is put your cover on and pull the drain plugs. Remove any expensive items and hope for the best. Look around your yard and your neighbors.... secure the loose crap.

If this storm stays North of Cuba, South Florida is in for an awakening. Target was still well stocked and nobody around here seems too worried about a possible Cat 5 coming right through here.

I am ready. Godspeed my fellow hurricane prepers.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Think we are all in the same boat (pun intended). I live just outside of Tampa. We had a storm come through when I lived North Carolina. I had a pontoon boat at the time so I'm lowered the leg down as far as it would go to try to keep air from turning the pontoon boat into a kite not sure if it would help with these boats.

Yamahasx190_2017

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
About all you can do is put your cover on and pull the drain plugs. Remove any expensive items and hope for the best. Look around your yard and your neighbors.... secure the loose crap.

If this storm stays North of Cuba, South Florida is in for an awakening. Target was still well stocked and nobody around here seems too worried about a possible Cat 5 coming right through here.

I am ready. Godspeed my fellow hurricane prepers.
As of this morning Miami has begun to get into hurricane mode. Store supplies are starting to disappear. Naples will begin to gear up soon also. It is going to be an interesting week hope everything ends up being a huge false alarm. Take care!!!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Let's hope its just a false alarm! My freezer will be packed full of water bottles come friday night. Let's do this!!!

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let's hope its just a false alarm! My freezer will be packed full of water bottles come friday night. Let's do this!!!
Stay safe Scott and everyone else in SWFL. I'm monitoring the storm from overseas but as you'd imagine, not alot I can do. Boat on the lift, hoisted up high but strapped to the frame and the frame strapped to the posts at all four corners. The Deluxe full mooring cover is on tight but after two seasons of Florida sun I'm expecting that to fly :(:).

Wr3ckdiver

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Godspeed to us all!! My first hurricane in SoFlo as well, got nowhere to tie down my boat as I keep it in storage on base. So gonna hook it up and get outta town....

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
To all fellow boaters on the east coast. Harvey was my 4th hurricane, and this was the worst. If you are right on the coast, I would evacuate my boat inland as far as you can. Hurricane winds will topple a boat on a trailer, and storm surge will sink/float it away. If you can get inland, even only 50 miles, your boat will probably service without a problem. I would make sure your cover is in good shape, anti pooling poles are set, and all drain plugs are out. Make sure that your transom straps are tight and you might even look into anchoring your trailer. I would also collapse the tower! Good luck and we in Texas are praying you are spared!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This storm is one bad ass if you have insurance you prepped it otherwise it's a crap shoot no matter where you go you don't know if you are out of harms way because it can change directions especially down in south Florida I'm in Tampa bay area and I can't decide what is the best direction to get the hell out of here if it comes up the gulf coast. and then there is another one following it . DAMN!

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This storm is one bad ass if you have insurance you prepped it otherwise it's a crap shoot no matter where you go you don't know if you are out of harms way because it can change directions especially down in south Florida I'm in Tampa bay area and I can't decide what is the best direction to get the hell out of here if it comes up the gulf coast. and then there is another one following it . DAMN!
I am with ya. I live in Tarpon Spring and trying to figuer out if i should hook the boat up amd head up to Nc or ride it out. I got my storm shutters and supplys.
20170905_210926.jpg 20170905_190451.jpg

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes this is not a hurricane it is a huge tornado just remember the 3 year old girl who was found clinging to her mothers body when she was rescued in Texas last week nothing is worth that scenario. This storm can obliterate a house in a few seconds. This is serious very serious and it needs to be dealt with as a life and death situation. FORGET the BOAT

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My insurance company just emailed me reminding me that they will pay 50% of cost of moving my boat out of path of named storm by any professional...

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That is very interesting what do they pay if it gets totaled and you end up with a new boat , hmmmm you may want to park under a big tree!

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My insurance company just emailed me reminding me that they will pay 50% of cost of moving my boat out of path of named storm by any professional...
Wow. Talk about trying to lowball their way out of this.

Tell 'em 100% and a nickle to make the phone call or she's on her own and they're on the hook for the new boat.

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. Talk about trying to lowball their way out of this.

Tell 'em 100% and a nickle to make the phone call or she's on her own and they're on the hook for the new boat.
Ya I got a good chuckle out of the email they should pay me to move it but hay what do you expect a small lizard to do.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
"by any professional" ? so all of a sudden regular folks aren't capable of towing a trailer .... let them pay you with a 1099 probably be a fraction of the cost as well.

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is a tough one, we just went thru Hurricane "Harvey" my boat is stored inside a closed storage unit, and I always leave the drain plug out! Well this time it was not a good move on my end, storage unit got 5ft of water and this murky water made its way in thru the drain hole flooded the engine compartment just below the engines. No major damages just needed major cleaning, and replacement of the Bimini, will also need to get the starboard side buffed or wet sanded, as the electric blower that I keep in the unit scratched the gel coat.

Could of been worst just glad it was minor.

US boat has been great to deal with.

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"by any professional" ? so all of a sudden regular folks aren't capable of towing a trailer .... let them pay you with a 1099 probably be a fraction of the cost as well.
It was a generic email probably to every fla. Member. It went into more detail and mentioned having boat captained out probably those expensive yachts mored in the water at marinas and needing another marina to except it.