• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydr02 Sealant for the Boat?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I am buying this product for my car and was thinking that it may work great on the boat. Has anyone ever used a product like this on their boat? I will still wax the boat as normal but thought this would be an easy solution that I could apply twice a year. Basically you just wet the boat, spray this on and hose it off (I simplified that a bit).

From the website:
Introducing the incredibly easy to use, effective, and revolutionary TRUE WIPE-LESS spray sealant! CarPro HydrO2 is formulated with Hydrophilic glass fibers, silicon polymers, and fluoropolymers and can be applied to all vehicle surfaces! Paint, glass, plastic, convertible tops, wheels, calipers, and wheel wells are all easily within reach with HydrO2. HydrO2 was specifically formulated to save time and therefore money for all the Car Pros and enthusiasts alike! This new innovative coat forms an ultra-water-repellent coating and is applied by simply spraying and then rinsing off with only water!

A simple spray and rinse application saves time, and results in a durable silica shell that produces a brilliant protected shine that is incredibly easy to maintain. Our "Hydroelectric bonding" function means HydrO2 reacts chemically with water contact! This means the coating transforms from Hydrophilic to Hydrophobic. The pressure from spraying with water accelerates the bonding of HydrO2 to the surface creating a Hydrophobic layer. HydrO2 is climate and temperature stable, and is an extremely effective long lasting water repellent that is resistant to nearly all acids, alkaline solutions, and solvents while offering significant UV (Ultra Violet) protection. HydrO2 is sold only in concentrated form which offers significant cost savings as well.

http://www.carpro-us.com/samples/carpro-hydro2-concentrate-50ml/

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/carpro-hydro2-seal-your-wheels-in-less-than-1-minute/

I'm fairly familiar with theses types of applications. There are ceramic coatings that provide incredible protection and beading of water but are much more expensive and labor intensive to apply. These ceramic coatings can last for long periods.

The Hydro2 might have trouble adhering to a waxed surface and will fade fairly quick. One great use for this is on the rims to shed the brake dust and grime easily. The reapplication would be easy as well.

Generally, my vehicles carry a nice coat of wax at all times, so I'm not sold on the Hydro2 working in my instance.

Please do post up your results!

Back