• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydrophase Ridesteady GPS Speed Control JETBOATERS.NET Member Discount, Jan 2022

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We’re pleased to announce an extra $50 off for JETBOATERS.NET members on any Ridesteady for Yamaha Speed Control system purchased through Valentines Day, Monday, February 14, 2022. The discount has already been applied on the order page. Click “Buy Now” here: www.hydrophase.com/yamaha

This offer can be combined with our existing $100 back for install pics / info submission, for a total of $150 back. An email will be sent after your Ridesteady ships with the pictures and information we request. The deadline to submit the pictures / information will be extended to May 1, 2022.

To see pictures other Yamaha Ridesteady owners have submitted, click here: https://www.hydrophase.com/support/...d_cust_video_tid=All&field_cust_quote_tid=All

Note that there is limited stock available for this promotion, so it may end early.

What is “Ridesteady for Yamaha”?

Ridesteady is a speed control system (“cruise control”) that uses GPS satellites or engine RPM to keep your boat at the set speed you choose. On twin engine boats, it will also automatically synchronize your engines. There are many other features as well that can be viewed at www.hydrophase.com/yamaha

Why would I want this?

Yamaha jet boats, despite their many advantages, are difficult to keep at a precise speed. Ridesteady handles this for you automatically. It is particularly nice with water sports, but also beneficial for cruising. It allows the driver to focus on steering the boat safely, rather than fixating on the speedometer. Life is much more relaxing for both the driver and rider.

How difficult is it to install?

Ridesteady for Yamaha works directly with the throttle signal electronically, so no motors are needed to install. Light wiring work is required at the helm (tapping into the ignition switch wiring), as well as some “plug and play” operations on the engine side. A video of an install and the full installation manual can be viewed here: Install Guides & How-To Videos | HYDROPHASE LLC

How easy is it to use?

Ease-of-use was considered from the beginning of the design process. While there are many features, it is designed to work out of the box. The rotary knob makes changing set speed and settings quick and easy.

What Yamaha boats is Ridesteady compatible with?

2006-current AR210, SX210, SR210

2010-current AR240, SX240, 242 Limited

2012-current AR190, SX190, 212SS, 212X

2013-current AR192, SX192

2017-current AR195, SX195, 212 Limited, 190FSH

2018-current 210FSH

2021-current AR250, SX250, 252S, 212S, 212, 195S

Do you have user videos?

@swatski has done an amazing job of capturing his first runs with Ridesteady.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/new-...nch-for-twins-ridesteady-by-hydrophase.12590/

Cruising with a 2013 Yamaha 242 Limited:

Surfing with Ridesteady behind a 2019 AR195:

Customer install on a 2014 242 Limited:

Customer install on a 2014 SX190:

Here is a "preview" video from 2017 showing Ridesteady for Yamaha in action on a 2006 SX210:

Questions?

Email: info@hydrophase.com

Call: 512-524-8686

Or message @Ridesteady on JETBOATERS.NET

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ridesteady This is the year. I'm buying. Been waiting for this for a few months now. Getting the white faced gage, and the water temp/depth sensor.

One quick question (I'm gonna buy anyway)..........Do you have a picture of what the water temp/depth sensor looks like? I think most people already have this on their boat from the factory, and I'm guessing they don't get this option when purchasing from you guys. My lowly little AR190 doesn't have factory depth or temp sensors, so I'm adding that as well with the RideSteady.......I'm curious what that sensor looks like, and how it mounts. I've looked through about 50 installs on your website, and haven't found a picture yet. Any help?

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Ridesteady
One quick question (I'm gonna buy anyway)..........Do you have a picture of what the water temp/depth sensor looks like? I think most people already have this on their boat from the factory, and I'm guessing they don't get this option when purchasing from you guys. My lowly little AR190 doesn't have factory depth or temp sensors, so I'm adding that as well with the RideSteady.......I'm curious what that sensor looks like, and how it mounts. I've looked through about 50 installs on your website, and haven't found a picture yet. Any help?
Glad to have your business, @2kwik4u !

The air / water sensors can be seen on p. 10 of the manual, and in the installation video at about 12:52 here: https://www.hydrophase.com/support?term_node_tid_depth=30

Additionally, there are some customer installs that have it, but you can't search by air / water temp, so it would be a process of clicking on all them to see which ones had it, unfortunately.

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve also been waiting for this. Quick question: The dash on my 2021 ar210 has two round tachometers (no other functions) and the small connext screen. Therefore I wanted to confirm my best option is the external display with mount. Do you agree or have any other suggestions? Thanks! @Ridesteady

1642443312016.jpeg

Last edited:

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ve also been waiting for this. Quick question: The dash on my 2021 ar210 has two round tachometers (no other functions) and the small connext screen. Therefore I wanted to confirm my best option is the external display with mount. Do you agree or have any other suggestions? Thanks! @Ridesteady

View attachment 169787
Thanks for your interest, @CarolinaJet !

You're correct - the External Display w/ mount is the best option for your boat.

Some have chosen to mount the in-dash display in place of one of the tachometers, but if you do that, that tachometer needs to stay connected to the Connext system behind the dash (secured with a zip tie or whatever).

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for your interest, @CarolinaJet !

You're correct - the External Display w/ mount is the best option for your boat.

Some have chosen to mount the in-dash display in place of one of the tachometers, but if you do that, that tachometer needs to stay connected to the Connext system behind the dash (secured with a zip tie or whatever).
thanks for the quick reply

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Every time I ride my AR240 with the R-S it puts a smile on my face.

I tend to push the throttles all the way forward and then adjust the RPM/speed with the knob. No matter the conditions.

It's genius. Even in rough water with boat bouncing, making subtle throttle adjustments tricky, I can easily turn the knob with my forearm supported against the coaming. Works with heavy gloves, too.

In my new Parker I have the newest version of the drive-by-wire throttles in the 2021 F300 Yamaha motor, and just about every piece of electronics installed w/GPS, radar, autopilot, etc. and yet - there is no cruise control... Not available from factory, or aftermarket.
It drives me crazy. The e-throttles are smooth as silk but when the boat is pounding in 3-4 footers off South Jersey shore making small adjustments with the throttle can be annoyingly difficult, as compared to the R-S nob; inadvertently making larger up or down adjustments can be dangerous in big seas. I wish there was an R-S for new Yamaha outboards.

Just saying.
--

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Every time I ride my AR240 with the R-S it puts a smile on my face.

I tend to push the throttles all the way forward and then adjust the RPM/speed with the knob. No matter the conditions.

It's genius. Even in rough water with boat bouncing, making subtle throttle adjustments tricky, I can easily turn the knob with my forearm supported against the coaming. Works with heavy gloves, too.

In my new Parker I have the newest version of the drive-by-wire throttles in the 2021 F300 Yamaha motor, and just about every piece of electronics installed w/GPS, radar, autopilot, etc. and yet - there is no cruise control... Not available from factory, or aftermarket.
It drives me crazy. The e-throttles are smooth as silk but when the boat is pounding in 3-4 footers off South Jersey shore making small adjustments with the throttle can be annoyingly difficult, as compared to the R-S nob; inadvertently making larger up or down adjustments can be dangerous in big seas. I wish there was an R-S for new Yamaha outboards.

Just saying.
--
So nice to hear from you, @swatski! The very first Yamaha Ridesteady customer.

As always, thanks so much for your kind words and original video work! Your experience sharing has helped so many understand the benefits Ridesteady has to offer.

Yamaha outboards - I thought their "Helm Master EX" had some kind of speed control for their outboard line? Not cheap at $8k plus, though.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So nice to hear from you, @swatski! The very first Yamaha Ridesteady customer.

As always, thanks so much for your kind words and original video work! Your experience sharing has helped so many understand the benefits Ridesteady has to offer.

Yamaha outboards - I thought their "Helm Master EX" had some kind of speed control for their outboard line? Not cheap at $8k plus, though.
Yessir, but that system works just like the Yamaha JB factory "cruise control" - pushing the button built into the throttle lever up or down for incremental RPM changes (50 RPM per click). It's better than nothing, but it only works within certain RPM range, and any movement of the throttle turns it off. So- in really rough conditions, it is not much help; when the boat pounds really hard as it is quite difficult to operate that switch without moving the lever at the same time; easy to do it in calm water, or in a boat that's big enough (which would not be a Parker).

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yessir, but that system works just like the Yamaha JB factory "cruise control" - pushing the button built into the throttle lever up or down for incremental RPM changes (50 RPM per click). It's better than nothing, but it only works within certain RPM range, and any movement of the throttle turns it off. So- in really rough conditions, it is not much help; when the boat pounds really hard as it is quite difficult to operate that switch without moving the lever at the same time; easy to do it in calm water, or in a boat that's big enough (which would not be a Parker).
Crazy, I would have thought they would have a better solution. Boat-speed based speed control (versus engine-speed based) isn't rocket science, but it isn't particularly easy either, especially when designing across multiple boat sizes/weights/power factors. I'm sure they have the CAN network tidily encrypted to prevent others from playing there, sadly.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ridesteady is by far one of the best if not the best mod I have done to the boat, anyone on the fence needs to do it. I use it for cruising just as much as towing (it's on almost every time I start the boat), it also makes teaching someone how to drive a little easier. Water and air temp are nice too just don't be like me and instal the water temp too close to the engine cooling outlet...

Dash After.jpgLP21-38979.jpg

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ridesteady is by far one of the best if not the best mod I have done to the boat, anyone on the fence needs to do it. I use it for cruising just as much as towing (it's on almost every time I start the boat), it also makes teaching someone how to drive a little easier. Water and air temp are nice too just don't be like me and instal the water temp too close to the engine cooling outlet...

View attachment 169882View attachment 169883
Thanks so much for your kind words, @JBehrens !

We have a lot of customers that use it primarily for cruising / engine sync.

Haha, yeah, your water temps are probably a bit warm. :D

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
100% would recommend the Ridesteady and so does wife. It's proves it's worth everytime the boat touches the water. It's one of the best mod purchases I've made for my AR240.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
100% would recommend the Ridesteady and so does wife. It's proves it's worth everytime the boat touches the water. It's one of the best mod purchases I've made for my AR240.
Kind words from one of our best "power users." Thanks as always, @J-RAD !!!

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
will you have one available for 255X models?

JasonB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I'd love to get in on this but my boat isn't supposed to make it to the dealer until mid April. I guess I'll have to "rough it" until next winter.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Email from Fedex tracking says mine was just delivered. Most likely live in the box for another month or so until it starts to warm up a bit. Boats in the garage, but it was 18degF out there this morning.

Thanks @Ridesteady for getting it out so quickly!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Crazy, I would have thought they would have a better solution. Boat-speed based speed control (versus engine-speed based) isn't rocket science, but it isn't particularly easy either, especially when designing across multiple boat sizes/weights/power factors. I'm sure they have the CAN network tidily encrypted to prevent others from playing there, sadly.
I wonder if @veedubtek figured anything out, he and I talked about that some time last year, as he got a beautiful Scout with twin Yamaha outboards and full electronics, but no real cruise control...
Most likely it has to do with liability issues. Which is strange if you think of it - the autopilot is the biggest liability of them all...

--