• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

hydroturf

I'm on the fence with the HydroTurf/HydroTeak. So much so that I purchased a complete boat kit from Will back in November with all intentions to install it thsi spring, yet it's still in the box in my storage closet.
I like the look of it, but I do also like the feel of carpet and so does my family. My only complaints with the carpet is the amount of debris that diappears underneath it. I regularly pull them up and vacuum, but underneath is an abyss for small particles, like those damn goldfish my kids can't seem to get in their mouths.

@octavio3311
Don't speak ill of " those damn goldfish", they paid for my boat!

Decided to go with Gray instead of black. It's much cooler. The blacktip is a little thicker than the OEM hydroturf...a little more cushiony. Don't know how it will hold up yet. the cuts were acceptable. The only cut that was a little off was the anchor locker hole. Good deal for $121.

I was going to recommend this as well, did the same thing on the back of my boat. Only thing I've had any trouble with is the little black tip emblem has wanted to come up a couple of times, put some additional adhesive on it and it seems to be sitting correctly now BlackTip.jpg BlackTip1.JPG

I was going to recommend this as well, did the same thing on the back of my boat. Only thing I've had any trouble with is the little black tip emblem has wanted to come up a couple of times, put some additional adhesive on it and it seems to be sitting correctly now View attachment 6653 View attachment 6654
How hot are those black tip mats in the sun?

How hot are those black tip mats in the sun?

I was concerned about that since I ordered black, but they aren't bad at all....hottest day I had them out in was 101 air temp, they were hot when you first stepped/sat on them, but cooled down very quickly and weren't so hot that they "burnt" at all. They do have quite a few different colors that you can choose from as well if you would prefer not to have black....Since I just did the swim deck I think it's fine. If I was to order a whole boat kit I would probably go w/a different color to keep it cooler inside the boat though

I would only be doing the swim deck because this winter I am buying deckadence for the interior.

Looks nice Woodward. I've read that the quality of the blacktip material is sometimes questionable but all of the pics I've seen of it look great and I have yet to read a complaint by an actual user/owner. I have black tip PWC shoes from West Marine, so far they are the best water shoes I've ever owned and I have had over 12 pairs in the last 26 years.

@Ronnie
I too would like to find out more about the quality of the blacktip mats. Did you find any articles you could steer us towards?

Thanks....John

What would it do to install snaps on an interior Seadeck or Hydroturf kit so that it could be removed?
I have not held either of these products in my hand so I cannot speak for the durability of an install like this.

Back