• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I am stranded a hour from home. No power to my gauges in a ar192. Help!!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So does it run with no gauges or just it turns over and doesn't fire up?
Where are you located?

Robby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have tried everything and still waiting on my friend to bring the trailer.

Robby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Turns over but no gauges

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Robby, Does it turn over and "RUN" and if it just means no gauges, your okay as far as driving the boat??? I am sure at this point it is up on a trailer and sorry to hear about the trouble.

Please post the resolution

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Robby, Does it turn over and "RUN" and if it just means no gauges, your okay as far as driving the boat??? I am sure at this point it is up on a trailer and sorry to hear about the trouble.

Please post the resolution
That's what confuses me...
Even the early connext boats can run without the screen, which I love.

--

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's what confuses me...
Even the early connext boats can run without the screen, which I love.

--
But the firmware comes up on the tach

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But the firmware comes up on the tach
I think you are correct.
Now I need to figure this out... I kind of love these "stranded" threads - always eye opening (for the semi-ignorant owner, like myself, lol).

Thank you for the info, and re-posting those good/informative threads!

--

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
(for the semi-ignorant owner, like myself, lol).

--
Lol you are way more knowledgeable than I am. I was just googling the problem and it kept pointing to threads here.

Robby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No it will not run. My guess is the ecu

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Even with the ECU out, there should still be power to the gauges, I would think. Then you should be getting a COM error, not blank gauges. Sounds to me like your bus is disconnected somewhere, probably completely, that is preventing power to the gauges (and preventing the engines from firing up). Anything happen before the failure of note? Change the spark plugs or add an accessory or anything? Put in new batteries? Anything?

Robby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will have to try it again tomorrow and see if the fuel pump is working. My battery went dead and we was jumping it off when it happened. Is the only fuses located in the rear of the engine compartment

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will have to try it again tomorrow and see if the fuel pump is working. My battery went dead and we was jumping it off when it happened. Is the only fuses located in the rear of the engine compartment
I think you have a disconnected plug or a bad gauge. You might put a voltmeter on the plugs going to the gauge.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd guess a dead battery. It probably sucks too much power when you crank it.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Voltmeter on the battery while cranking will confirm, or just remove battery and get it charged at auto parts store, usually for free.

Edit: but, if the engine spins with gusto... Not sure low voltage would be it.... Most demanding task is making engine turn. I'm not sure this is it, but it would be easy and cheap.

Last edited:

Robby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So still trouble shooting and I ended up pulling the main relay to check it and it was good. It has a good power source from the battery but is not getting a signal source to trip the relay. The dealer ship is check the wiring diagram to see what feeds that and if it’s the computer i will have to replace it. It runs fine once you jump the power on the relay with a jumper wire. I think more then likely the jumper cables got connected backwards and it fried that circuit in the ecu.

Robby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just traced that relay to the computer so it must I have fried just that one circuit because everything else works and runs when I bypass that relay with a jumper wire on the circuit side. Looks like a 1000 dollars it is!!!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So...If everything else runs and works if you bypass....why not wire it independently of the ECM and save the $1000?

Robby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought about running the power straight from the ignition because there is a spare power wire on it but I am not sure if it would effect anything else as far as safety shutoffs for the engine. Just not sure if it is worth taking a chance.