• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I bought a 2007 Cobalt instead of an AR250.....

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice boat. Our marina neighbor has this 2014. The ducks like the swim platform. Our sailboat in the background.

20200915_143624.jpg

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
A couple on our lake have a 22? Cobalt that color with a white tower. That color is Bueno. Ask your neighbor if he’s on cobalt.chat
i gotta get caught up on your thread

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If I see him I will. He is on a 40' finger. I can't tell with it covered up but I think it is an R7. It is all of 28'

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was asked to follow up with the team on my recent boat purchase so thought I’d post my journey here if ok with everyone.
Last week we received our 2007 Cobalt 250 from Florida after months of shopping and coming within hours of putting down a deposit on a $62k AR250. We woke up the morning I was heading up to Patsys super stressed out, realizing we just couldn’t handle the financials.
So we debated endlessly about sub $40k surf boat vs pontoon vs cabin cruiser vs bow rider runabout. We even considered a surf boat for sons and me (02-06 Tige/centurion) and a runabout for her. If we went this route Son2 said he’d pay the dock fee for the surf boat, which was a solid move I thought. This was what I really wanted to do but Son2 has been working remotely in LA with Son1 and we‘re unsure he’s moving back to Philly anytime soon so sons and dad vs Moms on the surf plan was losing its power:) An affordable boat with a head was the only must have per Moms and she was slowly winning me over.
So armed with the knowledge that the surf boats with heads were too expensive (X-55) too rare (05 Malibu 25’) and too scary (Mastercraft X-80 twin) I resigned myself to a head for her and a big block V8 for me. We found this barn kept 250 in Pensacola, offered by Legendary Marine for $36,400. We added a new aluminum trailer for $5k and now we’re both happy. Specs are 27’, 435 pampered hours, a 375 hp 496 Merc, a newish bravo 3.......and a head. We’re moving to Dewey Beach in a few years and we wanted a boat that could work on the bay. Overall I’m very happy, I negotiated a tower with Moms before we pulled the trigger and I’m holding her to it. I HATE Bimini contraptions so we’ll add one to the new tower next spring. I’m leaning stainless Monster tower to try and preserve the classic lines.
So if you see us on hopat, say hi and receive one of these, we’ll have plenty.

Cheers,
Rick in NJ

She's a beaut! Congrats! A very wise choice for sure. Love the colors, very classy.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We want something that we can sleep on. Another year or 2 and some more college paid for I'm planning on pulling the trigger on a used Sea Ray 330 or a little larger if I can find the right deal.
If you're tall, like over 6' like I am, you're gonna want to go bigger if you're buying a late model. We looked at many sizes and models of Express cruiser style boats and they were all cramped inside till we go on the 400. We also wanted a stall shower, not a wet bath, and the 400 was the smallest that had that feature. We also needed sleeping space for 2 growing kids that are tall like me and the 400 has bunks. Winner winner! Also, do you want I/O drives or inboards? Things to consider. Hit me up if you got any questions or want my opinion on anything big boat related.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cobalts are exceptionally well built. My cousin has one, she lets me drool on it sometimes. ☺

Congratulations!

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I really didn’t know much about Cobalt, most direct experience with Ebbtide, SeaRay and Chapparal. This thread and related water tests on YouTube really have made me appreciate Cobalt.

When we get kids thru college maybe a cabin cruiser or a late model bowrider (cobalt) & camper would be really nice.

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Mark, they only made this model 5? years or so (2013-2018) The A series boats may be the most beautiful BRs Cobalt has ever made. If I were nosing around for a boat in 5 years, I’d short list the A28. They will be instant classics, super rare, gorgeous.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Mark, they only made this model 5? years or so (2013-2018) The A series boats may be the most beautiful BRs Cobalt has ever made. If I were nosing around for a boat in 5 years, I’d short list the A28. They will be instant classics, super rare, gorgeous.
Even used they sound very expensive :oops:

Did they require you show your country club membership as part of the buying process LOL?

Still hoping the used market slide back towards normal for next year....I’m adding cobalt to my list of used boats now that you’ve opened my eyes....

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
It’s funny there are more than a few heavy hitters over on cobalt chat but the majority are riding boats like mine or sub $100k. To a person they have been happy to have me and SUPER helpful. I’m on a six mile lake and there’s probably a dozen Cobalts running around. The lake is super 👋 wavy, super friendly, but the one 22’ 2018? Cobalt captain we passed opposite direction a few days ago didn’t want to wave to me but i won him over. Snotty people crack me up cause I give zero Fs. Always happy and thankful.
i think a 500 hour 2016 A28 in five years can be had for sub $45k. That will be a kick ass last boat :)

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
It’s funny there are more than a few heavy hitters over on cobalt chat but the majority are riding boats like mine or sub $100k. To a person they have been happy to have me and SUPER helpful. I’m on a six mile lake and there’s probably a dozen Cobalts running around. The lake is super 👋 wavy, super friendly, but the one 22’ 2018? Cobalt captain we passed opposite direction a few days ago didn’t want to wave to me but i won him over. Snotty people crack me up cause I give zero Fs. Always happy and thankful.
i think a 500 hour 2016 A28 in five years can be had for sub $45k. That will be a kick ass last boat :)
I already found a 2010 A25 with the 8.2L for $55k (looks mint)......maybe they’ll drop into the $40’s next spring.....hmmmmmm.....Love that hydraulic swim platform........

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
NO POTTY ON THE A25 or id have one today.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
NO POTTY ON THE A25 or id have one today.

Haha yep just watched the video presentation on the A25 (YouTube is awesome)....weird all their other boats in that size have a head (deal killer for us).

Does yours have a pump-out, and if so is there a holding tank? Some boats with pump-outs have a decent holding tank and some are just the 2.5 gallon......

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I already found a 2010 A25 with the 8.2L for $55k (looks mint)......maybe they’ll drop into the $40’s next spring.....hmmmmmm.....Love that hydraulic swim platform........
The HYD platform is a game changer... keep feet and legs away from the prop. I like the a25 no need for the 28’. Hmmm maybe in 5 years