• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I can’t stop shopping vehicles

Fun, Fun, or Future Proof?

• 2022 Ford Mach1

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 2024 Jeep Rubicon 392

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 2024 Tesla Model Y Long Range

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
20 years to double my money? That's not good. Probably only the 2023 20th anniversary editions, which were limited to 4k, will be valuable...
Not with those hideous red seats! 🤮

Robbyw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m glad you asked… reasons 1, 2, & 3) I’m frugal. :)

The 392 would be $6k off sticker, is still a bad financial decision, but would have good resale value. It was a lark, and is highly improbable I’d buy it. I’ve been looking at Model S’s as long as they’ve existed. A nice Model S would be great, but not eligible for incentives, and seems kinda long in tooth. I’d be just as happy with a 3 or Y.

More realistically, the Model Y is eligible for $10.5k in incentives, so that makes it a low $40k car. And I don’t have to lease it to get the incentives. (I also won’t feel bad about keeping the truck.)

Likewise the Mach1 is reduced almost $8k, so I can justify spending $52k on it. This is a lark too, just more affordable and known entity. Backseat is still an issue. I need a four door Mustang. Stinger woulda been great if dealers didn’t think they were selling lumber during COVID.

I also like Audi A5 & S5s too (LOVE the RS7). Where I live is rural and I have to drive over an hour to a “luxury car dealer”, going past 3-4 dealers of any one brand, which tempers my interest.
My wife loves her Stinger. It’s a fun car to drive.

Attachments

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was reading up on the 2024 Model 3/Y last night. Definitely going to wait until they come out. I'll probably wait until Spring to see how things are. No need to buy a new vehicle going into winter, my RAM has it covered.
If you end up going that route, the performance trim is worth the coin.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm gonna be honest, I don't understand the reason to not buy the 392 Jeep. It does it all. It's fast. It's a convertible. It's a 4 door. It off-roads. It sort of tows. It holds value. It's the spec you want and at a discount. I don't know what a lark is, but maybe that's a good thing for bird watching?

Get the Jeep. You won't regret it.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I'm gonna be honest, I don't understand the reason to not buy the 392 Jeep. It does it all. It's fast. It's a convertible. It's a 4 door. It off-roads. It sort of tows. It holds value. It's the spec you want and at a discount. I don't know what a lark is, but maybe that's a good thing for bird watching?

Get the Jeep. You won't regret it.
This.

It'll tow the 24' in a pinch. Wouldn't make a habit of it but makes a nice back up.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
The two features that are deal breakers are the split tailgate and air suspension. I also hate the shifter - give me the knob and my center console space back.
Funny how tastes differ... I hate those control knobs or push button shifters, I need a real shifter I can rest my hand on.

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
It sort of tows.
It actually tows really well, I pulled a 18' flat trailer with a RZR and Sportsman strapped on it about 250mi each way last summer before my TRX was built and had no issues other than it only has a 21gal tank. Also pulled my boat and 16' enclosed (separately ;)) on a few trips as well, it's got plenty of power. I do highly recommend swapping out the factory front LCAs for the LCAs that come in the Mopar 2" lift kit (which strangely enough is stock on the 392 EXCEPT for the slightly longer LCAs) and upgrading the steering stabilizer to the Fox ATS 2.0. Those 2 upgrades make it drive and track like a dream on 35s.

2x - Mopar Lower Control Arm 68322798AA | Auto Parts

And use promo code JLWRANGLERFORUMS for the steering stabilizer (and you'll need 1 bolt to replace the shorter stock bolt)
Fox 2.0 Factory Series ATS Steering Stabilizer + Mopar JL Stabilizer Bolt

Last edited:

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I test drove a Model Y last night and really liked it. Much better than the Model 3. It has more room and is definitively easier to get into and out of the backseat. I thought they were 90% the same, but the Y is bigger in every dimension.

It was a standard model, they had the Performance version, but I wanted to start with the lower HP to get a “base” experience. I don’t know if I’d pay more for the Performance model. My daughter, who is just starting to drive thought it was awkward (mostly due to the one pedal driving) and thought it felt like being in a ride at Disney World.

If they hadn’t just announced 2024 Model 3 updates I’d be more inclined to make a purchase, but now it feels like buying the old model.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I test drove a Model Y last night and really liked it. Much better than the Model 3. It has more room and is definitively easier to get into and out of the backseat. I thought they were 90% the same, but the Y is bigger in every dimension.

It was a standard model, they had the Performance version, but I wanted to start with the lower HP to get a “base” experience. I don’t know if I’d pay more for the Performance model. My daughter, who is just starting to drive thought it was awkward (mostly due to the one pedal driving) and thought it felt like being in a ride at Disney World.

If they hadn’t just announced 2024 Model 3 updates I’d be more inclined to make a purchase, but now it feels like buying the old model.
Boring :yawn: