• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I can’t stop shopping vehicles

Fun, Fun, or Future Proof?

• 2022 Ford Mach1

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 2024 Jeep Rubicon 392

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 2024 Tesla Model Y Long Range

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Despite the fact that we just bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4xe, I can’t stop looking for a fun vehicle for me…
Contestant A
1693921730211.jpeg

Contestant B
2024 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392

Contestant C
IMG_0340.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The 392 is the ultimate fun vehicle. Fast, dangerous, off-road capable. No brainer here. Unless you want to do track days - then go with the Mustang. Other than that the Jeep will get your adrenaline pumping like a epinephrine shot. 12 seconds quarter miles with no roof and doors sign me up. Honestly the Jeep shouldn't even be made lol it's just stupid and a product of dudes being dudes at Mopar.

The Tesla is every other car on the road these days. Quick but boring.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The Model X just came down in price!

I'll be curious what the end result will be with the Hyundai Ioniq 5 N. I have the AWD limited and love it.....the N will take it to the next level. If they made it look like this I'd buy it, but it looks like they won't do anything that extreme! Boo hoo

1693930530490.png

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A. You already have a jeep and a Tesla doesn’t seem that fun if it’s not a really fast Model S.

We’ll all be driving electric someday, enjoy the gas v8 while you can.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not certain I would put Model Y in the "fun" category. EV's are great in a straight line, but they're heavy and mostly uninspiring from a driver involvement perspective.

Jeep has that "no doors open air" thing down, but beyond that they're pretty miserable as a primary driver, and if you're not offroading on the regular pretty expensive just to take the doors off.

Mustang feels just OK IMO. I'm sure it's OK to drive, but it's far to mainstream for me. I'm also, generally, not a fan of the "retro-cool" look that the modern muscle cars have.

Something with a manual and a convertible is more more engaging and "fun" to drive IMO. If I'm buying a "fun" car, it would be this: Audi RS4 Convertible 420hp 4.2L Flat Plane V8, AWD, Manual transmission, convertible with an amazing chassis and brakes. Just listen to it!

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just get the Mach 1. If I didn't already have a gen 3 Raptor and an Edge ST, I'd have a Mach 1 or one of the last years the GT350 were made. Besides, you already have the Jeep.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMG_8010(1).jpg296107122_10211042902625736_7689501835845522093_n.jpg

I just got out of a 19 Mustang gt 5.0 Performance pack 1 tuned e-85 long tube headers 11 sec quarter mile car. My son and I built it for him. He took the car and owned for 2 months and now is in a BMW 340i x drive with a b58. The Mustang was just meh, faster than the 340? Yes, quicker no. I went from the mustang to a M2 6mt. Literally for less than a grand I am at 450 WHP from the stated 360 bhp from BMW. So much more car for the money. Heck my wifes x3 is quicker than the mustang. My point, don't sleep on a fun car with a BMW or Audi badge. 40 k for a mustang or 40k for BMW.20220320_143825.jpg

Last edited:

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Corvette over mustang for sure...

But get the jeep. It'll hold value for a long time because it's such a bonkers and great idea. A future classic for sure.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Corvette over mustang for sure...

But get the jeep. It'll hold value for a long time because it's such a bonkers and great idea. A future classic for sure.
I could be wrong here but I believe the Jeep will be faster stop light to stop light.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I could be wrong here but I believe the Jeep will be faster stop light to stop light.
Probably faster than the mustang on the regular. Don't have to worry about traction like the mustang would. I think the wrangler 392 also has shorter gears than the other 392 SUVs.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The 392 is improbable for me, the dealer just happens to have the exact config I like. I would’ve been happy to lease the Wrangler Willys 4xe, but Chrysler Capital had an 8.3% rate on the lease, was only 4% for our GC, and it went up to 9% yesterday!

I’ve had a Mustang, and while I like it, the minute gas is in the mid $4s I’ll be too frugal to drive a Mach1! My kids wouldn’t go in the backseat of mine, so it didn’t get driven as much as it could have. Whatever I get needs to be a comfortable 4 person day trip vehicle.

If I didn’t work from home I’d probably already have a Tesla. We drove a Model 3 a month ago. I want to drive the Y. I don’t expect much difference, but the backseat and entry into on the 3 was too small. I almost broke my neck getting in, and totally hit my head on the roof. I’d go back and get a Kia EV6 if it weren’t for the flux in charging standards.

@2kwik4u If money weren’t a concern it would be an Audi RS7 for me. I may go look at an A5 or S5 Sportback, RS4 is too much coin. I’d look at the Q4 Sportback e-tron, but probably wouldn’t buy it. Maybe I can find a cheap R8. 🤔

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Interest rates suck but not a deal breaker. Buy it and refi at 6% a week later.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interest rates suck but not a deal breaker. Buy it and refi at 6% a week later.
Very hopeful sounding there. It sounds more like the prime rate going up than down.

I agree overall, I don't think our economy can sustain these high interest rates much longer. The car market has ground to a near halt. New cars piling up, old cars not being traded, and a lot of used vehicles sitting on lots. Seems like even dealers aren't buying stuff at auctions right now. It's all creating a lot of pressure that has to burst at some point, the question is how and who has to take the L.

Unfortunately, if I was a betting man I would bet that the automakers burst, run out of money again, and the taxpayers get to take the L and bail them out. They'll write off billions of losses that we will pay for, in exchange for them bending the knee to the EV agenda. Historically, that's what happens.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Very hopeful sounding there. It sounds more like the prime rate going up than down.

I agree overall, I don't think our economy can sustain these high interest rates much longer. The car market has ground to a near halt. New cars piling up, old cars not being traded, and a lot of used vehicles sitting on lots. Seems like even dealers aren't buying stuff at auctions right now. It's all creating a lot of pressure that has to burst at some point, the question is how and who has to take the L.

Unfortunately, if I was a betting man I would bet that the automakers burst, run out of money again, and the taxpayers get to take the L and bail them out. They'll write off billions of losses that we will pay for, in exchange for them bending the knee to the EV agenda. Historically, that's what happens.
5-6% is obtainable depending on terms for September, this approach would work, just can't drag his feet. Or bring your own lending, but dealers push back on that on desirable cars like the 392.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
5-6% is obtainable depending on terms for September, this approach would work, just can't drag his feet. Or bring your own lending, but dealers push back on that on desirable cars like the 392.
I suppose I'm also used to rates for lightly used vs brand new too.

I'm like this close to buying a 2020 f150 Roush Nitemare... But man, these interest rates suck. I have stellar credit too, but they're just brutal.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you're looking at a 90K+ wrangler (LOL), and have an EV on your list - why is it the Y and not the S-Plaid?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I suppose I'm also used to rates for lightly used vs brand new too.

I'm like this close to buying a 2020 f150 Roush Nitemare... But man, these interest rates suck. I have stellar credit too, but they're just brutal.
I'm wrapping up a re-fi today. Grow Financial doesn't advertise rates but they are doing 6% on used 60-78 month terms, lower for shorter terms. Being in FL you should be able to get that.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you're looking at a 90K+ wrangler (LOL), and have an EV on your list - why is it the Y and not the S-Plaid?
I think he's looking at "fun" options vs "cost effective" options. If he's not gonna get something fun with a V8, he's gonna get something that supposedly makes financial sense.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm wrapping up a re-fi today. Grow Financial doesn't advertise rates but they are doing 6% on used 60-78 month terms, lower for shorter terms. Being in FL you should be able to get that.
Good to know... Never heard of them but that would be a smart choice. Especially if I refinanced.after I sell the TBSS and maybe boat.

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The 392 is the ultimate fun vehicle. Fast, dangerous, off-road capable. No brainer here. Unless you want to do track days - then go with the Mustang. Other than that the Jeep will get your adrenaline pumping like a epinephrine shot. 12 seconds quarter miles with no roof and doors sign me up. Honestly the Jeep shouldn't even be made lol it's just stupid and a product of dudes being dudes at Mopar.
I love my 392 (wife's now) but I still had to get a TRX to really get the blood pumping... 🍻

My 392 w/ 35s is 4.2 0-60 on Draggy, best I've got my TRX to is 3.7...