• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

I got ...Another BOAT... Again....

Really nice boat. Can I ask how much this would run me?

I searched for a while.... The Salt Water Series is rare and more $$.
A 2006 -2008 X-2 with 250-500 hrs will range from $39,000- 48,000 depended on condition and options.

I saw no rhyme or reason in people's pricing on many of these ... Just what people " thought" they were worth.

Thanks JC,

I think his system might be less Complex Than yours. It's more like the Malibu SurfGate than a Tab..

He happens to live nearby.. So I got to try it out. Installed with the boat in the Water in less than 30 seconds , removes even faster... No marring on the Hull.
I was impressed
Looks like a neat wedge......just figured I would say it so people don't start "Why don't you charge $250?".....you know where I am going with it....

Looks like a neat wedge......just figured I would say it so people don't start "Why don't you charge $250?".....you know where I am going with it....

LOL....I knew where this was going.....
I don't think he's making more than, his effort to build each one back...After having the gates Milled for him and parts...
I believe he's just trying to give people with older Mastercraft's a chance to have a system that MC won't sell them...
,...'cause he's definitely not quiting his job over the surge in orders LOL...

Guessing a closed loop cooling system so you don't need to flush after each outing

What is the difference with MC Salt Water Series

For MasterCraft Boats - 2006 Saltwater Package consist of
Crusader 5.7 Closed cooled engine, with anti corrosive Paint. BLUE color is the give away for a Salt Series engine.
Exhaust manifolds have Special finish and are still Flushed at the end of Use... With the Provided flush kit.

All wiring harnesses are tinned for non-corrode

Are floor drains are scuppered overboard vs Bilge.
Everything that was Chrome is Stainless

Trailer is Galvenized vs Painted.

Those are the key items

I am surprised on the price of the wake shaper....I have more then that in material on our wake wedge.

Good looking boat and wave!!
This might be something you can make for our boats. This whole convergence thing is something else after witnessing a G23 with it. It is amazing what a tab sticking out of the opposite side you surf does to the wake.

This might be something you can make for our boats. This whole convergence thing is something else after witnessing a G23 with it. It is amazing what a tab sticking out of the opposite side you surf does to the wake.

JC s system is unique to Jets, delayed convergence may improve also.
I believe you would still need something to knock the Spray down on the Rider side....

I'll let JC and SX work on that for now..... I got a boat to clean and $250 burning a hole in my pocket for a Surf system.

JC s system is unique to Jets, delayed convergence may improve also.
I believe you would still need something to knock the Spray down on the Rider side....

I'll let JC and SX work on that for now..... I got a boat to clean and $250 burning a hole in my pocket for a Surf system.
The wake wedge is for twins, won't do much for a single engine. The convergence may very well lengthen and clean up the wave on all since it is effecting how the water acts coming off of the side of the hull vs. the bottom.

The wake wedge is for twins, won't do much for a single engine. The convergence may very well lengthen and clean up the wave on all since it is effecting how the water acts coming off of the side of the hull vs. the bottom.

I have all I want to deal with right now. After I get all of the boats wedges figured out I may look into it.

The problem with the other wedge is no where to mount it onto our boats without holes. We don't have a swim deck with a sturdy bracket to just slip into place.

190 Series boats throws a fantastic wave with just a single ballast bag, which is much cheaper then any wedge that I can come up with. Don't like it on the seat, put it under. You are not trying to list over a 23/24 ft boat so you don't need the ballast that we do.

I love the idea for our boats though!!

Not close to the boat at all. Here I am behind Jaybro72 sx190. 750 bag on the surf side seat, 2 people on boat.

ropeless-jpg.9529

I am looking at what Nautique is doing and it is actually a very simple idea. I may prototype it myself as I am also looking at making a wake surf computer for ballast systems and it is a 3.5" x 4" module you would drop into your dash somewhere. It will be a touch screen that can control ballast fill, empty, built in customizable timers, it has additional inputs that can control other items like a convergence device deployment and retracting etc. I will have a lot of options with this device as it is. For the wake convergence, I see no other way than having to drill holes which if done properly is not a big deal at all, no different then adding trim tabs.

Not close to the boat at all. Here I am behind Jaybro72 sx190. 750 bag on the surf side seat, 2 people on boat.

ropeless-jpg.9529
In my surfing extravaganza last week behind my buddies nautique, I was much closer than that. That is awesome to know. Do you think a 400lb on the side and 400 lb in the ski locker would do close to the same? I am wanting to hide the bags off deck and plumb them in.

Last edited:
In my surfing extravaganza last week behind my buddies nautique, I was much closer than that. That is awesome to know. Do you think a 400lb on the side and 400 lb in the ski locker would do close to the same? I am wanting to hide the bags off deck and plumb them in.
I would probably just do the 400 on the side and se what that gets. The 400 in the locker will counter act the other bag a little bit taking away height of the wave. Sit everyone on the surf side as well as far back as they can.

I have a friend that is going to let me borrow his bags and pump to play with it. I know on his Nautique, when we add weight to the front, it lengthens the wave and pushes it away from his stern some. I was planning a 3 ballast system so I could produce a wake for wake boarding as well as standard and goofy surfing. Will have to see what happens when I borrow his bags. I will even try them together to get 750 - 800 on the one side and see how that does. I know I can fit a 750 under the rear seat but will have to relocate the batter back some to do it.. not a big deal.

Malibu was the first to do it with their Surfgate! The Surfgate in addition to their Powerwedge is SICK! Nautique and Tige soon followed. MasterCraft's refuses to accept it - their surf tab system does the trick, but is a PITA to dial in.

If we could get something like the Surfgate/NSS on our boats - that would be very cool.

....well, i made it 1 whole month with out a boat....

Bought 2006 Maristar 200 VRS SaltSeries (X-2 hull)

I think I stuck to my parameters here....

1 - 20' meets local Lagoon limit. (21')
2 - Salt Water Series in Salt Lagoon. Major plus
3 - Very surfable with new Wake-Shaper (X-2shared hull)
4 - ALL Gunmetal Flake Hull , looks good and helps with HardWater cleanup....

I'm having all Service and a few fixes performed by my Mechanic before bringer her home...

I feel pretty good about this purchase....meets most of my needs and did not break the Bank...

Boats needs some polishing but the Core good stuff is in place

View attachment 11954 View attachment 11955 View attachment 11956 View attachment 11957

You bought another boat? Here is my shocked face . . . . :wideyed:

Congrats!

Malibu was the first to do it with their Surfgate! The Surfgate in addition to their Powerwedge is SICK! Nautique and Tige soon followed. MasterCraft's refuses to accept it - their surf tab system does the trick, but is a PITA to dial in.

If we could get something like the Surfgate/NSS on our boats - that would be very cool.

Sadly centurion has the biggest surf wave in the industry imo and no tab at all as well as the first boats to have ram fill ballast 2000lbs in i think its 10 seconds. Me and my wife have already talked about upgrading to a tige or centurion in a few years but only time will tell what we go with.

Centurion invented the sport. Not only are they arguably the best surf boat, but they are also the smoothest riding wakeboat.

yea they have been around for a long time ive spent many hours on a direct drive centurion and even it is an all around nice boat. their enzo's are unbeatable until you price them then it makes and axis look good lol

Back