• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I know there's a lot of yamaha fans here...

yep...32 minutes 45 seconds. if you up the ballast...you can go as long as your legs can take it. my 212x is also good for juggling...@Morrowcat

Now that's pretty impressive....this is why I want ballast...being in sc now it's a 3.5 hour drive to go snowboarding and 2.5 to the beach. I have a board addiction that needs filled

Don't be scared of a used maybe smaller boat. I was set on 2015 ar240, wife did not like price point. Found beautiful 09 sx210 for less than half the price. We regularly boat with 5 but had 7 on long ride last weekend. All was comfortable and boat had plenty of power.

Don't get me wrong, I see those 24 footers out there and "the disease" starts to creep in.

Don't be scared of a used maybe smaller boat. I was set on 2015 ar240, wife did not like price point. Found beautiful 09 sx210 for less than half the price. We regularly boat with 5 but had 7 on long ride last weekend. All was comfortable and boat had plenty of power.

Don't get me wrong, I see those 24 footers out there and "the disease" starts to creep in.

I am also a fan of the used option, but I would lean towards a 24' used model. Summer is short and you also have to account for other commitments, poor weather, etc. I love the 2015 24' Yamaha's, but there is no way I could justify the uplift when boating 25-30 hours per year.

@Morrowcat, Will you be doing most of your boating in Lake Murray or do you plan on a few trips to the ocean? If you are going out to sea with your family you will likely feel more comfortable with a larger boat and 2 engines. The other consideration is new or used. Depending on your budget you can get a lot of boat for the buck used, especially at the end of the season. Most used deals also come with a lot of extra equipment that can run the price up on a new boat. If this is your first boat it may be worth considering. There are plenty of used 23' & 24' boats that would be cheaper than a new 19 or 21 foot boat.

yep...32 minutes 45 seconds. if you up the ballast...you can go as long as your legs can take it. my 212x is also good for juggling...@Morrowcat

You've got balls man.

@Gym ....definitely lake murray...I can be in the water in 20 mins. I'm not going to say I'll never take it out on the ocean but big water makes me nervous. ...aside from cruise ships and 40+ ft I've never been out on the open water. I have no experience piloting there and the thought of weather coming in making things go bad in a hurry makes me uneasy with my kids. Used is still on my radar, especially if I find something too good to pass up. Seems there are plenty of people willing to help if I have to travel to pick something up. Our members seem to be pretty wide spread and eager to offer a hand when it comes to this family.

@Gym ....definitely lake murray...I can be in the water in 20 mins. I'm not going to say I'll never take it out on the ocean but big water makes me nervous. ...aside from cruise ships and 40+ ft I've never been out on the open water. I have no experience piloting there and the thought of weather coming in making things go bad in a hurry makes me uneasy with my kids. Used is still on my radar, especially if I find something too good to pass up. Seems there are plenty of people willing to help if I have to travel to pick something up. Our members seem to be pretty wide spread and eager to offer a hand when it comes to this family.
They'll also help you out with a test ride if that's what you need to help you decide.

@Gym . Actually I don't have balls....literally...no balls. Got those funny girl parts.

@Gym . Actually I don't have balls....literally...no balls. Got those funny girl parts.
Ah, but you were juggling balls weren't you? Nice work girl.

Back