• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I love it when a plan comes together....

LOL...I see you ditched the crappy "dream-o-meter! Good job, it lies to you anyway! Nice job on all the electrical and stereo gear!

I got around to mounting my Garmin EchoMAP 50dv today. I initiall made my own dash panel, but when screwing the last screw in it snapped it half. I then decided to try it in the factory dash.... I think it turned out pretty well.....View attachment 19187View attachment 19188View attachment 19190

Do you have a post detailing your WS-420 install in that location? Looks great!
I have the same dash and may well go that route. If you don't have such a thread, would you consider sharing some tips?

Also, any concerns or water ingress around the knobs in that orientation?

/end of threadjacking

WOW, @PaulyB ... you do KILLER work !

Do you have a post detailing your WS-420 install in that location? Looks great!
I have the same dash and may well go that route. If you don't have such a thread, would you consider sharing some tips?

Also, any concerns or water ingress around the knobs in that orientation?

/end of threadjacking

@GTBRMC I dont have a write up. What I did was took a scrap piece of cardboard and made an outline of the WS-420 on the cardboard. I then cut the outline out with a razor blade. I then took the cardboard template and taped it to my dash where I wanted to place the WS-420. I used a roto zip and slowly and cautiously cut the dash by tracing the outline. It took several attempts before the WS-420 actually fit in, but that was preferred, because I'd rather the hole be too small than too big....

@jcyamaharider did you ever install the waterproof RGB strip under your swim deck? I thought I had read somewhere that you were going to do it, if so how did it turn out and do you have any pics? Thanks

Why yes I did. I put 4200 over both ends to make them water proof and I am happy to say they lasted the season and are still working. You can see the strip in the bottom picture. I can get better ones if you need them.

20140830_204118.jpg

20140626_213338.jpg

Another one

20140614_215049.jpg

The water warmed up enough that I could actually get out of the boat and get some pictures of the boat in the water.... This stereo is ridiculous.... if I could only figure out how to get rid of the hiss from the tower speakers....
photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG

I got around to doing a few more things....
Installed some 15 degree rod holders to hold my Magma Grill and maybe some flags, if I feel like placing them there...
252.JPG
251.JPG
256.JPG
I made some flag poles out of PVC pipe, they are two pieces that come out being 10ft tall when both pieces are attached.
274.JPG
275.JPG
284.JPG
I mounted some rod holders on the outside of my tower, this is primarily going to be where I mount the flags from...
011.JPG
010.JPG
001.JPG
10ft flag poles in the tower rod holders...
129.JPG
I replaced my Brand new Sony Bluetooth Marine radio with this sealed marine radio and made a new back plate for it.
006.JPG
The reason I replaced the radio was so I could use this remote on the swim platform.
005.JPG
008.JPG
I installed some cup holders in the swim platform.
009.JPG

007.JPG
I installed an 8 switch panel that I found on Amazon for 38 bucks shipped. I only needed four switches, but for 37 bucks and the room for expansion, I couldn't pass it up.

Now all that is left is to install a USB plug that can connect to my stereo on the helm area and I will be all set. Then I can finally have my girlfriend give her a good cleaning!

Last edited:
Ya know ......... We should get Forum Management to simply re-name the title of this wonderful thread:
"
PaulyB Makes His Yamaha a KILLER BOAT" thread !

So I do have 1 question:
Where'd the killer tower flag pole holders comes from ? Price (maybe?) ?
Thanks in advance, @PaulyB from someone who is a little in AWE of your work !
Mikey Lulejian - Sheepishly out on Lake Oconee, GA

@MikeyL
here is the Tower Mounted rod holder I found to use on my boat. http://www.boardoutlets.com/accessories/73

It isnt a perfect fit on my tower, I had to put a layer of Gorilla Tape around the tower to make it fit properly, but that didn't bother me too much.

Today I added a USB/Aux port on my boat that connects to the deck and still allows control over the iPod via the deck. It also has the Aux port under the USB connection that has two RCA cables that connect to the deck's AUX in as well...
.004.JPG

@MikeyL
here is the Tower Mounted rod holder I found to use on my boat. http://www.boardoutlets.com/accessories/73

It isnt a perfect fit on my tower, I had to put a layer of Gorilla Tape around the tower to make it fit properly, but that didn't bother me too much.

Today I added a USB/Aux port on my boat that connects to the deck and still allows control over the iPod via the deck. It also has the Aux port under the USB connection that has two RCA cables that connect to the deck's AUX in as well...
.View attachment 21186

PaulyB,

I love the USB port option. I have a couple questions if you don't mind ...

1) Does the Sony and USB port work with the newer iPods and iPhones with lightning connector? I ask as I installed an iPod interface (replaced Sat connector) on my Sony that came with the older 30 pin connector and works great with my older iPod, but when I try to use a 30 pin to Lightning adapter, it doesn't work.

2) Where did you source your USB adapter plug?

3) I don't remember my Sony head having a USB port on the back of it ... Will have to check. Assuming your USB port is simply a USB plug on the back side that connects to the head?

Thanks for all the great pics and ideas ...

~Tim

The water warmed up enough that I could actually get out of the boat and get some pictures of the boat in the water.... This stereo is ridiculous.... if I could only figure out how to get rid of the hiss from the tower speakers....
View attachment 20446 View attachment 20447 View attachment 20448

Funny, I bought this same koozie while skiing in Colorado this past week! What type of run times are you getting with this stereo and battery set up?

So I'm seeing you guys have mentioned staters in several threads that seem to be limited to 25ish amps? So I'm gathering the Yamahas don't have alternators? Is the same true with the BRP engined Chaps? Can an alternator be added for house batteries?

At some expense and effort. There is a member here that has done it to properly keep his insane stereo system from killing all 7 batteries. Try searching the site for "alternator install" or something similar.

PaulyB,

I love the USB port option. I have a couple questions if you don't mind ...

1) Does the Sony and USB port work with the newer iPods and iPhones with lightning connector? I ask as I installed an iPod interface (replaced Sat connector) on my Sony that came with the older 30 pin connector and works great with my older iPod, but when I try to use a 30 pin to Lightning adapter, it doesn't work.

2) Where did you source your USB adapter plug?

3) I don't remember my Sony head having a USB port on the back of it ... Will have to check. Assuming your USB port is simply a USB plug on the back side that connects to the head?

Thanks for all the great pics and ideas ...

~Tim

@tshera here is the USB port that I used. My head unit has a USB input on the back of it that I connected this to and it works with the iPhone with the lightning connector. I have an old iPhone 4 and tried to use it by plugging it into the USB port with the 30 pin connector and it wont recognize the device. The one thing I don't like about the set up is, that if I am playing music from an app like Spotify or Pandora and I hit the skip button on the deck or the platform remote the music changes from the app I was playing to a song I have saved on my phone. I cant find out how to make that stop happening.

Funny, I bought this same koozie while skiing in Colorado this past week! What type of run times are you getting with this stereo and battery set up?

I get roughly 7 hours on two group 27 AGM batteries. I have a 2000w Honda portable generator that I take with me if I am going to be out for an extended period so I can charge the batteries by using my On-board charger.

Thanks for the quick reply PaulyB. After I posted my questions, I started digging for information on my Sony head unit and determined I have an earlier version which does NOT have the USB connection. :(

Did the radio and no wake more panel swap this weekend. thanks for the Idea.... so much better.

@PaulyB Nice Install! I'm also in VA and getting ready to do a stereo upgrade. Where did you install your amps.. looks like the head closet? I was thinking of installing two small clarion Amps in the helm as well as a fuse block for lights. Would it be ok to run the amp power to a bus bar in the helm then branch off to the fuse block or should the amps be run separately to the house battery? Also adding an add a battery kit with ACR, so I suppose the amps will go to another bus bar by that then into the ACR. Do you guys typically use a 5/16 fuse block or the 3/8? Thanks!

Back