• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I need advice!

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys, thanks to all for your concerns and advices!

The plan is for this to have a commercial insurance at all times which covers all of those potential accidents.
Here in South Florida the boating charter industry is pretty big, that being said, the moment you get in the boat, you sign a waiver in which you are pretty much responsible for anything that could happen in that trip, since this boat is so small, most people would rather drive it themselves, as I was saying, this always stays inside the bay and the sand bar is not even a couple miles away from the dock.
I have been thinking a lot about those potential problems but in the end, it is always the driver (which would most of the times be the client) responsability to follow the maritime laws.
In south Florida, those waivers wont ne worth the paper they're printed on. Just a reality, everyone has a team of lawyers on speed dial there.

Do yourself a favor, get a pontoon. Holds may more people, cheaper, and will be far more efficient as a sandbar taxi. Good luck.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Honestly I think it would be cool if there were bay boat renters that offered jet boats rather than pontoons and jet skis. I looked for such a rental place before I bought my boat but none to be found in the PCB area. That being said I agree with a lot of points here. The maintenance isn't really an issue with jet boats but rougher waters and the fact there is a learning curve with maneuvering a jet boat, especially at slow speeds, you're just safer/better off going the pontoon rental route IMO. I'm sure other companies came to the same realization so that's why there are so many pontoons and the outboards don't need to much for what those do.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love our 2014 190. I know friends with over 700 hrs on waverunners with the same engine as our boat. I wouldn't worry about the hours. Maintenance is super simple. Change the oil regularly, grease the pump regularly, change the sparkplugs and lube the cables annually, and keep your battery topped up. I think you could do well with a 190 and listing yourself on services like
clickandboat.com, samboat.com, boatsetter.com
best of luck

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
get the biggest boat you can afford, depending which sandbar you could get away with a big pontoon i have seen em going to 3 rooker island and the inner coastal in clearwater also going to the sand bar in for desoto, dissapearing island , bird island, and sebastian inlet, easier to maintain for what you are looking for

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Living in this area - I think it's a bad idea all around. If you want to make money - buy a few skis and rent them out by the hour. Either way I would definitely wait until the elections are over to make any decisions. Hate to see someone open a business with thin margins, only to see them eroded by a big tax increase.