• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

I need HELP on first boat purchase...

SeaDoo also suggests brief out of water use on the hose because the carbon ring is also cooled by the water immersion, which is not present when operating out of the water.

Although my sx230 has been flawless (almost) I do like that the engine bay is very accessible. My old seadoo boat had terrible accessibility of the motors. That's a factor I will consider going forward

There must be more (pre-existing) problems with the Scarab line and the other three. It seems that every manufacturer cannot keep up with demand due to or in spite of Covid.
With the Groupe-Beneteau investment fund that used to focus on boating, things changed around 2014 I think. Now it's all about maximizing profits for the shareholders...has nothing to do with quality or performance or customer choices anymore. "If it ain't makin dough, it's gotta go" seems to be their mentality now - the group grew too big and now only care about the mighty dollar.

I was hoping the Scarab line would flourish and get some of their '80's vibe and performance back, but the profits where not there for the group.
:(

SeaDoo also suggests brief out of water use on the hose because the carbon ring is also cooled by the water immersion, which is not present when operating out of the water.
This is why I don't like "warming up" the engines on the hose, the impeller bearing is not cooled with water. Flushing is one thing, letting jetpumps run for extended periods without water could be an issue and I avoid it.

I think there are many people here than can agree yamaha's - though reputable - are NOT free of maintenance issues... lets not fill each others heads with air now. Its a boat. and it WILL cost you another thousand one way or another..

Plenty of issues with both Yamaha's and Rotax.

After reading this reply, I chuckled to the fact that one of our dispatchers told me recently. Asked me what boat stood for, my reply was no. He stated...
B bring
O out
A another
T thousand

Im pretty sure the hose hook up does not cool the carbon seal. The hose hook up STRICTLY runs water through the exhaust system since that is the only thing cooled with raw water.

After reading this reply, I chuckled to the fact that one of our dispatchers told me recently. Asked me what boat stood for, my reply was no. He stated...
B bring
O out
A another
T thousand
LOL They were right! Fixing it is one thing that can (sometimes) be prevented. Mods and upgrades? forget it. That's unavoidable!!

Back to the beginning of this post.
Only you can decide what type boat you want.
I will say this, you, your wife and family are the only ones that can dictate your selection. Your age plays a part in this also. It’s been said here and elsewhere that when buying a new boat buy your second one. Continue your research for your first boat and compare to your second boat and pick what is practical for YOUR family.
Example;
I wanted the 195 FSH CC Sport for the twin engines for my first boat but the twin 210 was my second boat. So at my age of 63 1/2, no spouse, kids are gone, and what friends I have own pontoon boats it was pointless to go with the twin 210. The reviews and data were almost identical in performance, after reviewing and comparing I went with the single 195.
Oh yes, I did look at all manufacturers models and FOR me it was the Yamaha.

Last edited:
Back