• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I ruined my jet ski and boat in 1 hr

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you tell us more about how you used the wool?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
cool

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg Got a buffer for Christmas from harbor freight. $30. Bought a $12 wool pad with Velcro backing from eBay and 3m buffing compound from west marine. User the bugging compound and polishing compound after that. Last time I used a foam pad and after 8 hrs of buffing still looked bad. Had sworal marks all over the boat and still looked dull. I wish I had before pics but here is after

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad we could help! Just be careful with that wool pad as it can burn through your cars clear coat pretty quick if you decide to use it on your car.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Marvin willis so did it all come out? Or not so much? The last pic of your boat looks good. I may have misunderstood your last post. But thanks for keeping us updated.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boat came out perfect. All the sworal marks had faded out since the last time I tried. The boat looked faded and streaky before buffing it.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Right on. Thanks for the update

Keith Andoos

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bought my SX 230 HO new in 2006. I had never towed before, but with a friend's pick-up I towed 70 miles successfully. I went to my brother's house to show-off the boat, and when I turned his corner onto the main road: BAM! The trailer and boat smashed into the electrical pole! Brand new boat! I asked around at the marinas and found this "Kid" (literally) who does mobile glass repair. He came to the house, looked at it and said it would be $400. "How will it look?" I asked. With a puzzled look he replied, "Like to did when it left the factory". And it did! This guy is a genius with fiberglass. He's done everything up to a 50 footer that ran into a boulder on Long Island Sound: he repaired it perfectly. I defy anyone to tell where the damage was.

PS My friend's truck had tinted windows including the fronts, which is illegal in New York, so after dark I was unable to see the mirrors. Lesson learned.