• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I think I burnt my amplifier

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So wetsounds has the amp now and they can’t/won’t fix it?

If so it makes me wonder if they can repair it and will sell it for $500 to the next customer. Basically charging a flat fee repair rate... maybe it could be repaired for less by someone else.

You can buy a lot of budget amps for $500 even more for $1200.

Last edited:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I bought the Rockville 8 channel but haven’t installed it yet. Don’t know how good or long lasting they are though.

Being cheap one of the corners they cut is there are only two sets of crossovers. One for channels 1-4 and one for 5-8.

If you wanted to use it you’d probably end up with a pair or two of the 6.5’s running off the HU, the towers and a pair or two of the 6.5’s on channels 1/2 and 3/4 . Subs on 5/6 and 7/8.

I don’t see why it couldn’t work.

If you want to get all the speakers off the HU then a second amp for the subs would be the way to go. (Maybe the Rockville rxmm10 for another $75) then you could run one run one speaker per channel with plenty of power to add moar!!

Last edited:

Sef123123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So wetsounds has the amp now and they can’t/won’t fix it?

If so it makes me wonder if they can repair it and will sell it for $500 to the next customer. Basically charging a flat fee repair rate... maybe it could be repaired for less by someone else.

You can buy a lot of budget amps for $500 even more for $1200.
That's exactly what I was thinking, To send me a refurbished/ burned amplifier from someone else and give me 90 days warranty for 500$ I don't think it's that great of a deal....
I think I'm gonna try the 8 channls Rockville the worst I can lose will be $150, but i might gain a decent amplifier even if it will last a year or two what do you think??

Sef123123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Send me the amp first. Might be able to fix it.
I'm in a big dilemma, spent 35 bucks shipping it to wet sound they will probably charge me another 30-40$ship it back to me and then I need to spend another 30$+ to ship it to you, i'm not sure if I got any good options I'll wait to Monday and call them back

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What do you have for speakers? Are they 2ohm??

If you connected speakers in paralell and they were 2ohm it might have been the cause of failure.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It's powering the jl 10x ib at 4ohm, but it's stable to 1.
I was asking @Sef123123 what he had hooked up for speakers... but now are you answering for him or is that wat your are running on your rockville. Didn’t realize it was 1ohm stable. Or maybe I’m just confused :)

Sef123123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was asking @Sef123123 what he had hooked up for speakers... but now are you answering for him or is that wat your are running on your rockville. Didn’t realize it was 1ohm stable. Or maybe I’m just confused :)
I have 6× 6'5 kickers. 2×8' tower kickers. & 2× 10' wet sound subwoofer.
Good news just ordered the
Rockville RXM8BTB 8 Channel 1500.
hopefully it will be here in 2 days, has 1 year warranty worst case I'll buy later on something better...

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have 6× 6'5 kickers. 2×8' tower kickers. & 2× 10' wet sound subwoofer.
Good news just ordered the
Rockville RXM8BTB 8 Channel 1500.
hopefully it will be here in 2 days, has 1 year warranty worst case I'll buy later on something better...
Kicker marine speakers are available in 2 or 4 ohm. If you are wiring them paralell make sure you check which you have.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Were you trying to run all those speakers off the wetsounds amp?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length