• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I think I'm in trouble?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When was the last time the engine ran? last week or months ago?

installing the depth finder did you mess around in the bilge area under the cleanout hatch, I could easily see that wire getting pulled out,

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agree with Scott...I remember installing my depth finder (starboard side) and running into the hatch switch wire. I thought at the time how easy it would be to accidently disconnect it.

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@chess can speak to this mote.. A clicking is probable... But there was no grinding. . Or turning or squealing.. It was locked up tight! Well. At least one engine!
That is correct. You would hear a grind, or clicking from the solenoid. It sounded like a metal grinder which makes sense if you think of how it gets swole up... when I say swole up, i am talking about @bronze_10 muscles.

Bobm1959

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agree with Scott...I remember installing my depth finder (starboard side) and running into the hatch switch wire. I thought at the time how easy it would be to accidently disconnect it
....Iused a fish tape the pull the wire through to the dash.... And I remember tugging on something I'm thinking I just pull the conector lose somewhere because it's like there's no power to the switch it's silent whenever I turned the port side key... I'm sure once I get power to the switch everything will be fine

Bobm1959

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This weekend I installed A new depth finder in my 2005 Yamaha ar 230... When I was fishing the wire to the control unit through the Throttle area I think I snagged on a wire or something because now the port motor does not start it's like it has no power to the switch Maybe a fuse? But I'm pretty sure I didn't short anything out I am just wondering if I can get access To the throttle area Excluding the cup holders … is there access through the throttle unit? to see if I pulled anything off any connectors this weekend I'm going to pull the dash out and then go from there … on the other hand the dep finder works great.... haha.... By the way the starboard engine starts up fine I just have a feeling I have pulled something somewhere Any suggestions would be ..
Well here is the culprit.... Neutral safety switch jumper disconnected now the port engine starts no problem I can't believe how these guys put this stuff together

Attachments