• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ideal tow rope length for wake boarding from tower

camoto

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What tow rope length are you guys finding to be ideal from an AR? It seems too short and you're in the jet spray (but in the better wake) and too long and you are just the opposite. I tried to play with lengths a bit last season but didn't settle on a good length.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Id like to know this as well.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I use a 75'er - with multiple 10' sections. Removed 1 section and settled on 65'. We also tried 55' - but my kids preferred 65'.

That said - it's very rare anyone is ever directly behind the jet wash. They're usually far out to 1 side or the other or back and forth clearing (attempting) wake to wake.

I do notice less jet wash when my ballasts are full. Probably cause my transom is so much lower when full, nozzles are deeper.

Oh - and before my 212x, I had a 12' AR190 - same rope used at the same lengths.

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's good to know...I was wondering the same thing. I think our kids are ready for a wake board this season.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It depends. There is no perfect length for everybody and every boat. If your objective is to be out of jet wash then obviously longer, but our objective is to hit the best part of the wake in terms of size, shape, and width...jetwash is of no concern as we really don't ride in center.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Following this thread. We are going to start introducing wakeboarding to my boys this year. In fact, I just ordered a Hyperlite Motive 119 for them last week.....then proceeded to find another one here locally for a good deal. Anyone in the market for one of them? As soon as it comes in, I'll be selling it.

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
65 puts the wake at a decent width for an intermediate to clear yet far enough apart for a beginner to jump a single wake without pounding into the second wake. Shorten to 55 for beginners learning to go wake to wake.

Speed is just as important, when attempting new tricks, lay off the throttle slightly mid trick to limit the pounding on crashes ( especially on rotations). Start slower (14-16) and work your way up.

Pair rope length with speed to find the sweet spot for the riders skill.

Christian Rodriguez

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We ride between 55-60, which leaves us in the biggest wake from 18-20mph and being in the jet is not issue since we do spend most of the time outside of the wake.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would only add that folks are throwing out length without regard for forward or rear swept tower or boat type. There could be a big difference depending on boat and tower type.