• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Idiot on the lake

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can't imagine that happening on the lake we are on. There is 2 sides to every story.

The lake this happened on was never disclosed. Maybe jerk off was after the woman.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Can't imagine that happening on the lake we are on. There is 2 sides to every story.

The lake this happened on was never disclosed. Maybe jerk off was after the woman.
I can TOTALLY see this happening here. You wouldn't believe the asshats I've ran into. alcohol is usually a huge factor. I kept the marine patrol number in my phone.

scott1001001

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, that entire situation sucks. Nothing like having one of the best things in the world being ruined by some asshat. I have a FXHO and every time I drive on the river, I am reminded of that song, "I can't drive 55"! But I do, well actually 25MPH as the speed limit dictates.

I had a FWC officer pull me over for using the 5MPH "No Wake" button in an idle zone. He gave me the speech about "Those Things", just lumping me into the rest irresponsible PWC operators.

Just last Saturday cruising the river, we saw 3 separate skis and all of them were hauling ass in a Manatee zone. I go out of my way to say hi to all boaters, slow down near people fishing and idling by boats getting towed in.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Read the statute , in an idle only zone you are allowed to travel at a speed sufficient to maintain steerage so guess what and while you are at it read the boat wake statute, it is not illegal to jump boat wakes in Florida providing you do not endanger someone else or their property it states you can not jump a boat wake head on, it states you can not jump a boat wake on their blind side ,it states you can not jump a boat wake in HEAVT TRAFFIC, It does not state YOU CAN NOT JUMP A BOAT WAKE, it is under the reckless operation of a vessel and to be guilty of reckless operation you must do something that endangers the life, limb or property of another person . I can't tell you how many times I get in that debate because it is part of the sport And it really does ruin your day when someone tells you differently. Sadly there is a lot of locker room legal advice that goes on , one person misunderstands a statute and they pass that along to another one . I had a guy read the statute after he told me it was illegal and he was not really happy about it. I suspect that had I not been a retired one myself I would have been in a heap of trouble.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Also if you are still running the rooster tail plug it off ,because in a no wake zone it's a dead giveaway as to the amount of throttle you are using or if you decrease or increase the throttle, I pull the hose and slide in a plastic wire nut to block off the hose .

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Keep a fishing pole with a big ass sinker tied to the end. :)

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you see him being an a-hole again, pull his drain plug when he is not looking.