• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

If you are looking to buy a Scarab, consider this

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
That Z'zoo one is right down the road. This may be my next boat, but not for a few years. I wonder what the trade in on mine would be, with 13 hours on the clock...

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jonw9 Dont do it man. The listings for the 2014 values arent even in. They will eat you up, and tell you what they "think" its worth. If I was you, keep the Glastron for a bit, and see what the long term reliability and how they hold up before I commit thousands to get one. Besides the hull, and some electronics, your boat is the same.

That Z'zoo one is right down the road. This may be my next boat, but not for a few years. I wonder what the trade in on mine would be, with 13 hours on the clock...

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I know, I was joking. I can't really believe the difference between the 20' Glastron and Scarab. I understand there is a second engine, but the ~$25,000 difference (list) seems unjustified. Or at least that is what I am telling myself. Besides, I cringe at the thought of burning (premium) fuel at twice the rate!

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
You can run 87, but the manual says for optimum performance run 92+ octane.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dang! Those prices are a lot!

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wait a few years and buy one used. Then there will also be more information on these boats and more experience. And it will let the bugs work themselves out.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
twin engines w/single throttle?.....

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2014-Scarab-215-HO-Impulse-102302610

Vs

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2014-Scarab-215-Impulse-102289733

I think it's safe to say that the price is negotiable. The $66,000 one has the wrong horsepower #'s.
The price on these seems crazy to me. They pretty much compare to a 212X as long as they have all the options on them. Their a cool boat but their not worth $10k more than a 212X, heck their prob not worth what a 212X is. But I guess I'm kinda bias. But really no offense why would someone pay that much more for 215 HO Impulse over a 212X?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For the name and my guess better built quality. When I think of scarab boats I think of the opening of miami vice, probably dating myself with that comment.