• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Impeller Boot

smoked24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello all. So I sucked a rope in to my impeller and luckily the grate and the impeller were not harmed but the boot that goes on the end of the impeller was trashed. This boat is a 2015 Vortex VRX 203 with single rotax. Was wondering if anyone had one or knew the part number to the boot that I could order overnight. Thank you for all the help.

smoked24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks I'll check that out.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I guess I shot from the hip on this one. I don’t see Chaparral listed. I’m sorry!

smoked24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Haha it's no worries man.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don't stop going out if you can't find it...a few weeks without it won't harm anything. Just grease the shaft well when you replace it.

smoked24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Awesome man. I was thinking the same thing I took everything apart was a pain to get off the shaft case the rope actually went into the seal just a bit but finally got it off. But looking at it guessing it just protects anything going into the splines.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think it also helps retain more grease on the splines. I would suggest finding the equivalent models from Seadoo that have the same impeller and looking for the part that way. I saw several candidates on eBay for under $20, but I am unfamiliar with your engine.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I sucked a rope in to my impeller and luckily the grate and the impeller were not harmed but the boot that goes on the end of the impeller was trashed.
I'm pretty sure guys who race jetskis do not use those boots, and leave them off. I ran Solas and Skat impellers (in a Yamaha, not BRP) with or without those things, I don;'t think they do much frankly. I do not want to tell you wrong, but I would be inclined to say not to worry about it!
(I'm taking about the thing on the right in the pic below)

--

smoked24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I'm pretty sure guys who race jetskis do not use those boots, and leave them off. I ran Solas and Skat impellers (in a Yamaha, not BRP) with or without those things, I don;'t think they do much frankly. I do not want to tell you wrong, but I would be inclined to say not to worry about it!
(I'm taking about the thing on the right in the pic below)
View attachment 98499

--
Yea that looks very similar to mine but mine is threaded on one end and a little longer

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea that looks very similar to mine but mine is threaded on one end and a little longer
The Solas are a bit different, and the BRP drivetrain impeller mounting is totally different, but running without those cones I believe is fine, and some even prefer it that way...

--

smoked24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
So I went to my local Yamaha dealer and to my luck they had one in stock. Part Number:267000458 in case anyone is looking for one.