• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Impeller housing/wear ring change

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was shopping for new impeller housings for my boat because the rings are rubbing on the impellers and found that part number 66V-51312-01-94 has been superseded by p/n 6CR-R1312-00-00. The cost of the old part is around $380 and the new one is around $105, pictures of the new part looks like they may be using plastic instead of stainless rings now. Anyone have any first hand information on this?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I Know the 2019 model pumps use plastic replaceable liners I use them myself, no more dissimilar metal corrosion causing the liner to swell and rub on the impeller and NO more RINGING of the pump on the trailer either. I have good luck with them and the replacement liner is very inexpensive .

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yes CJS is right look at getting the plastic (delrin) ware ring and housing for around $140. They are quieter and if ever you need to replace it again it around $40.

RyanMurphy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes CJS is right look at getting the plastic (delrin) ware ring and housing for around $140. They are quieter and if ever you need to replace it again it around $40.

Do you have link for the part number?

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The part number is the 6CR I listed above and I ordered them through Yamaha Sports Plaza for $104.99 each. Price was very good but its been two weeks for delivery so far.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
not surprised I paid for a 2019 nozzle and reverse bucket at the beginning of the year still carrying the receipt in my wallet but still no parts available

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure what is up with them, placed the order on 5/21 and they showed a delivery date of 5/30-6/4. Called yesterday and was told they were shipping that day and I would have them by 6/8 but the email with the tracking number shows delivery on 6/12.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The delivery kid had a flat tire on his bicycle.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
For S and G's I called the dealer on my parts and was told 2 weeks again as usual so the saga of the mystery parts continues.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The housings came in today and they have stainless wear rings so I have no idea why the big price difference between the two part numbers.