• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Impeller shaft boot

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So a couple of days ago I was cruising around with my kids, and it felt like I sucked something into one of my impellers. The usual vibration stuff. I did the “do a few donuts and kill the engines” trick a few times with no success. Idles fine, but starts to shake like crazy when I give it much throttle. This is how it acts when weeds get caught in it. I pulled it out to see if there was something more in it, but both sides were clear. Decided to pull the impellers off to see if there was a tiny stick in there. Turns out the impeller boot had come off. The boot that goes over the driveshaft spline and seals in the grease. The threads were a bit dinked. Anyways, I’m 99% sure this was causing the vibrations. The threads were OK-enough to twist it back on. I put a couple dabs of 5200 on the threads for good measure. Anyone else have this happen? Also is this the correct replacement? 2015 215 Impulse HO.

DA797E02-6EC6-4B85-81B5-0573A633A12B.png