• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Impellers: New vs Refurbished

Hezi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My 242 performance reduced since I installed new impellers +-60 Hrs ago. I can easily tell since the boat doesn't reach the same top speed and doesn't accelerate as good as before. I am planning to do some deep sea fishing this coming season and I want my boat in top shape. Better impellers will result better fuel consumption.
Here is my dilemma;
SBT will exchange for $98.85 a piece.
Impros will assess and charge anywhere from $100 to $160 per piece.
New Impeller will run $160. PowerSports parts 4 less, Yamaha parts, Sea Doo, Polaris, Tucker Rocky, Accessories, ATV, Motorcycle, UTV, PWC, Jet skis, Trailers

Does the saving (or the lack of) in refurbishing worth it? (I still need to pay for shipping on all 3 options but new will run probably the least $$). Is the quality of a new vs renewed similar? not?

Please share your knowledge and opinion since I want to pull the trigger on this one

Which impellers did you put in the boat?

Current impellers are OEM. Prior ones (which I saved and potentially will send for repair) are OEM as well since I had them replaced at 40 Hrs.

Strange that putting a set of OEM impellers didn't get it back to where it should be. Did you make sure that you are not missing any sealant around the pump tunnel? Any air voids will cause sub par performance. Also check your liner to impeller gap. Beaching/ shallow water running the boat a lot may cause excessive liner wear.

I overhauled the pumps meticulously. I used every step in the repair manual. I even replaced the wear rings and the boat became a monster! I would top over 50 MPH. But this was 2 seasons ago and I do beach A LOT! I'm sure I ingested and pushed some solids through the pumps since the overhaul. I don't think I would bother replacing the impellers now if it wasn't to my ambitions to fish 50-70 miles off shore .

Back