• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Important to have the trailer level?

CLBeerbower

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
How hard does everyone work to get the trailer level when going down the road? My trailer is probably two inches lower in the front than in the rear. Any thoughts?

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had reverse the trailer hitch ball and got it raised up pretty good to make it much more level. To answer the question yes the more level the better

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2” isn’t too bad, but the ideal position for stability and safety is level. Also depends on how far you travel and how fast you tow.
With the tongue up the trailer center of gravity is shifted back and can cause the trailer to sway. Can also reduce weight on tow vehicles rear wheels and cause reduced traction. Tongue down can add weight to back of tow vehicle and reduce weight on front tires potentially losing traction.
I was towing a trailer (not a boat) with too much weight on tongue (tongue down) - Ford Explorer was squatting. On the Interstate I tried to slow down for a turn and the trailer was pushing the Explorer. I had a lot of difficulty steering because the front tires didn’t have good traction. It really scared me. The rest of the trip was under 50 mph.