• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

In hull transducer location

NateKurtz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can’t seem to find it anywhere, but I was looking for a good location inside the hull to glass in transducer for the 210. I’m only finding locations for the 190 and am hoping same location would work beside the speedo. Any pictures or advice would be greatly appreciated!

NateKurtz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did not. I found out that down imaging would not work with shoot-thru so I mounted on transom.

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I had the dealer install one in my 192. They put it on the starboard side of the motor towards the back. I had no issues with the DI. Worked fine.

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Pull the bucket storage out of your boat and take some pictures of the inside close to the v behind the motor wall . Make sure to place close attention to the flooring. They might have put the same Flat spot back there like my 190. Would be easy to spot.

NateKurtz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Granted I have a 190 so location is different but I beg to differ about it not working. My DI seems to work fine shooting-thru.
Ya I’m not saying it won’t work from experience, I’m saying it because I called humminbird and they told me so. Maybe it was just not recommended by them for quality issues.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Funny, that's who I talked to years ago when I was concerned about them showing two different transducer part numbers. One for transom mount and one for hull mount shoot thru. He said they're identical other than the mount. He also walked me through the best way to do it including making sure to use slow cure epoxy to allow any air bubbles to rise out before it cured.

NateKurtz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Funny, that's who I talked to years ago when I was concerned about them showing two different transducer part numbers. One for transom mount and one for hull mount shoot thru. He said they're identical other than the mount. He also walked me through the best way to do it including making sure to use slow cure epoxy to allow any air bubbles to rise out before it cured.
I’m well aware of them having transducers made for shoot-thru and transducers that can be mounted transom or shoot thru, what I was saying when speaking to them is that they didn’t recommend for shoot-thru down imaging but for 2d only. I went with cheaper model that had only 2d and DI in hopes of glassing inside hull and once I was told by humminbird that, I then returned fishfinder and got the one with side imaging since I would be mounting on transom. Wish I would of heard from you guys prior or I would of stuck with my original plan.

Last edited:

NateKurtz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here’s off their website

Attachments

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Fair enough. I would never argue that direct water contact isn't better that shooting through anything. It would be interesting to have an extra transducer handy and just put it in the water while anchored up over some type of structure and see the difference first hand with a screen shot.

Rascalrider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is the response I go about thru hull units.

Dear Mr. Cain,

Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your interest in our products. The units we offer that are shoot thru hull are going to be units with 2d sonar only, no side imaging or down imaging units. For example Helix 7 Chirp GPS G2N or Helix 5 Chirp GPS G2. This link below will show you all the units we offer and you can use the filter options to pull up the sonar units only.

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.com/fish-finders

If we can assist you further on this subject or any other Humminbird related questions please feel free to email us again or contact our Technical Support Department at 1-800-633-1468.

Good Boating and Fishing!

Vakeela Powell

lukewaterwalker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I decided on the transom and went through the drain from the swimdeck. i bought a piece of window trim (plastic) from home depot and used 5200 and attached it to the transom. Garmin has very small plugs so it fit without splicing the wires. I ended up bolting my mount to the cup holder and using my 12v plug for power. It was my first time ever trying something like this. 938189382093821