• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

In need of a Bimini for 08 ar230

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can anyone point me in the way to get a Bimini for our new boat? There wasn't one when we purchased and curious where to buy one? I think it has all the hardware installed for one though. Thanks in advance as I looked on the forum and found some dead ends

Did you look at Yamaha Sports Plaza? They had the parts we were going to buy to fix our frame and the canvas top too.

Yamaha Sports Plaza seem to usually be the cheapest but beware of shipping. I ordered a cover from the several months back and I paid online and two weeks later they called me telling me that I needed to pay them an additional $50 as their shipping calculator online didn't calculate shipping correctly they said. This pushed their price over where I could have purchased it elsewhere.

I have not looked at that site yet, thank you for pointing in the right direction.

@robert843 I see they show 30% off parts for online order, was that the already listed part or another 30% off site? Also I did see them say an additional charge for larger items.

It looks like it should be item F2A-U3104-50-00

I do not recall the discount. Just be aware they may call saying shipping is more then quoted

I'll try to call tomorrow to ask about discount and see if they know about shipping. I would assume a Bimini would be an oversize item.

Yamaha Sports Plaza seem to usually be the cheapest but beware of shipping. I ordered a cover from the several months back and I paid online and two weeks later they called me telling me that I needed to pay them an additional $50 as their shipping calculator online didn't calculate shipping correctly they said. This pushed their price over where I could have purchased it elsewhere.

I would have told them too bad, they need to get their glitch fixed. Shipping should be calculated and figured at the time of purchase and extra fees at that point in time. When I ship Wake Wedges I have very few that are over 50 dollar to ship. I wouldn't even think about calling a customer and asking them to cover my mistake. Shipping to Canada is a different story.

I would have told them too bad, they need to get their glitch fixed. Shipping should be calculated and figured at the time of purchase and extra fees at that point in time. When I ship Wake Wedges I have very few that are over 50 dollar to ship. I wouldn't even think about calling a customer and asking them to cover my mistake. Shipping to Canada is a different story.

I do not recall what the original shipping amount quoted was but it was in the $30 range. So with the add on it was $80+. When they called I did tell them to go ahead and cancel my order as at that point I could pick it up cheaper elsewhere but in the end they reluctantly honored the original price since they had already ordered the cover.

As they should have. I am glad I know this because I am currently looking for a cover. just waiting a little bit.

I do not recall what the original shipping amount quoted was but it was in the $30 range. So with the add on it was $80+. When they called I did tell them to go ahead and cancel my order as at that point I could pick it up cheaper elsewhere but in the end they reluctantly honored the original price since they had already ordered the cover.
I just bought a cover and some other misc. items and it was $37. They shipped a back ordered item 2 day with no extra charge.

Yamaha Parts Plaza just told me not to order through them as the shipping would be to high and to source at a local dealer as it will work out to same price. Online is showing 128 shipping putting total to around 790. All local dealers are showing in the 900's

Isn't it hard to believe that those parts can be so hard to either make or ship? Somebody somewhere is making some MONEY.

Just insane thats for sure. I wonder how much more the shipping would go up from 128 dollars if I did order from them.

Yamaha Parts Plaza just told me not to order through them as the shipping would be to high and to source at a local dealer as it will work out to same price. Online is showing 128 shipping putting total to around 790. All local dealers are showing in the 900's

I learned my lesson on this after the fact but Charleston Power Sports I called them and told them I was ordering a cover from Yamahasportsplaza and asked if they could match the price and they said they would so I may call a local dealer or two and see if they will match it if I were you.

Just insane thats for sure. I wonder how much more the shipping would go up from 128 dollars if I did order from them.

Which part number are you trying to order?

awesome idea, I guess I will call tomorrow and ask a few other places. Can anyone confirm that the part number listed is the one I may need. Awning Canvas Set F2A-U3104-50-00. Line item number 8 under Bimini section.

I would make sure folks are talking about same place....http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/ where I ordered. Never had a problem with shipping being too high.

Back