• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

In research mode for new boat

Jermsrg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hey folks!

Been doing some research and was originally looking at the AR210 but wife is open to the AR240 for the minimal payment difference. So I'm looking to see other than the obvious size and engine differences are there any other differences and is it worth it?

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bigger boat handles chops better and has a higher carrying capacity.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you don't have issues with storing it, or towing it, nobody regrets the 24' boat. My wife lost her mind when she saw our 242 on the trailer the first time. But once it's in the water, she loves not having to worry about how many friends show up. Go with what fits the budget.

The boats are very similar layout wise. But the storage is where it's noticed most. We can hide a lot of stuff. I like having things put away, so folks can move around. And anyone in my family suggests putting in a toilet, and I respond with, yup and you can clean it out. I use that space for more important things. (we carry a pail if worst comes to worst)

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
for us 24 . . . having the commode made a difference here and the space. I imagine the resale value may be better as well . . . but don't know specifically.

Jermsrg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm leaning more towards the 24 but want to make sure it's worth it not have the mentality bigger is best cause it isn't always true. What about the differences in the engine again besides the obvious the 1.8's are bigger more power but what about maintenance and reliability?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm leaning more towards the 24 but want to make sure it's worth it not have the mentality bigger is best cause it isn't always true. What about the differences in the engine again besides the obvious the 1.8's are bigger more power but what about maintenance and reliability?
It’s a yamaha four stroke. Reliability is not a question with these motors. Other the the couple years noted here with documented issues in a few. Service is the same. Oil changes and filters.

Jermsrg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That's what I was thinking but still wanted to ask to be sure. I typically use AMS oil in everything how do these engines do with it?