• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

increase cooling?

Do you alternate flying on the motors?
No, the adapter plate and mods are too expensive. I think I have a solution with the new pitch. Just have to wait to test it.

Roger that. Can you swap the adapter plate to the other motor every so often?

I'd be curious to see what the water pressure is while moving at a specific rpm and what it is while flyboarding. If it is too different I'd consider an external electric water pump with check valve to be run while flyboarding. It wouldn't be too difficult, could probably use an areator fitting for intake and check valves and a good flojet continuous use pump like some people use for aftermarket supercharger air to water intercooler.

Do they sell inline hose gauges you could plug into the main cooling line?

Woohoo!! Overheat issue solved! Had the impeller re-pitched to 7/14 and the engine stays at a cool 124 degrees.

Woohoo!! Overheat issue solved! Had the impeller re-pitched to 7/14 and the engine stays at a cool 124 degrees.
Awesome!!

Good news! Any change in hole shot, top end, or handling (pulling one side or the other)?

I am running a Solas on one side and a dual on the other. I actually have 2 different setups for my dual. I have the 7/14 and I have a 10/18. With the 10/18 I had great hoke shot and lost about 3 mph on the top end, but had over heat issues at wot. Now, when I switch that pump with the 7/14, I also found a couple pinched cooling lines that I corrected so it may have been that. With the 7/14, I don't need to fly at wot and she stays cool. Hole shot sux, top end sux, lost 7 mph. So on flyboard only days I will run the 7/14 and on kid/flyboard days I will run the 10/18.

Here are my temp gauges. The one on the left is flyboarding motor. The other is engine off.
20140704_092409.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I know I'm late to the party here. Glad you got it figured out. That's awesome. Another thing to check that i didn't see posted already would be your thermostats. Make sure they're clear of debris and operating normally too. They could cause a water flow issue as well.

Gotcha, will do!

@cybuch Awesome temp gauges! Can you tell us more about them and install technique?

Didn't see this, sorry about that @Murf'n'surf . I installed these in July 2014 and they are still working perfect. I used the ones with the 22mm hose sensor. I just cut a small section out of the hose going to the thermostat and extended the wire going to the sensor with speaker wire. Here is a pic of the sensor install.

IMG_1099.JPG

Didn't see this, sorry about that @Murf'n'surf . I installed these in July 2014 and they are still working perfect. I used the ones with the 22mm hose sensor. I just cut a small section out of the hose going to the thermostat and extended the wire going to the sensor with speaker wire. Here is a pic of the sensor install.

View attachment 30301
Very nice! Do you know the manufacturer of the gauges and sensor?

I'm guessing this is the one:

http://www.trailtech.net/digital-gauges/tto/tto-temp-meter-22mm-radiator-hose-sensor

Yep, that's it.

Back